03-06-2012 06:15 AM
I tried to search for this on the forum, but found nothing.
I have a HP 7320 PC which I have installed with a Windows 7 Enterprise installation. When I try to install the 7320 touch screen driver from HERE it just runs for 2 seconds, then disappears. When I browse to the uninstall directory, and try to manually update the device in device manager it fails to do so, reporting there is no driver there.
The PNP value in Device Manager is:
While the PNP value in the driver package is:
Any idea why it fails? Something I can do to fix this, or is there an alternative driver I can use?
06-14-2012 06:43 AM
i have had the same problem on numerous occasions where i have downloaded the driver off both the HP and NextWindow sites..
working within a IT company we are asked to keep to the official sites but the best link that has worked for me has been :
hope this can help you..
08-30-2012 10:52 AM
I had the same problem an found solution solution in one of the Russian blogs http://duromer.livejournal.com/16839.html. For those who can't understand Russian I givw the main idea.
1. After getting the driver NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen, you unpack files in a certain folder. Trying to use and run inf-file fails.
2. Analising the information about uninstalled device you see that there presents 2 (or three) device IDs (see 2nd scree for TouchScreen device in the blog).
3. To solve the problem you must find amidst "USB composite devices" in Device Manager the device with the same PID and VID, and apply to it (update) the driver using the above mentioned inf-file.
It is curious but it works!
09-20-2012 03:31 PM - edited 09-20-2012 03:36 PM
Go to HP Support and downloads site and identify the touchscreen driver for your TouchSmart Ellite 7320 All-in-One PC:
Then open ''Installation Instructions'' and follow them:
1. Follow the on-screen instructions to unzip the SoftPaq.
2. After unzipping the SoftPaq, go to Device Manager and you will see a Touchscreen device or if you are updating from a previous driver to this driver, locate NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen under Human Interface Devices.
4. In the Touchscreen/NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen Properties page, click the Detail tab, click on the drop down menu, and then select hardware IDs.
5. Copy down the hardware ID, and then click OK on the properties page.
6. Go to Unversial Serial bus Controllers, then look through USB Composite Devices that has the same hardware ID from the touch screen.
7. After locating the same hardware ID device, click on Driver tab, and then click on Update Driver.
8. Select Browse my computer for driver software then navigate to the driver folder where you unzip the SoftPaq.
9. Follow the on-screen instruction to install the driver.
10. After the driver is installed, reboot the system
It works just fine
01-02-2013 09:58 AM
here is the trouble shooter about w7 on your touch screen
what is the model and the original OS
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
10-08-2013 09:39 AM - edited 10-08-2013 09:41 AM
Thanks you MrZones
works a treat
just follow the insrtructions carefully and install the driver files from HP to the USB composite device with the same hardware ID and not to the unkown touchscreen device
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10