Question

Top Student
LadeeJ
Message 1 of 5 (304 Views)

HP Touchsmart 300-1017 wont boot

I have an HP Touchsmart 300-1017 it wont boot up. I have replaced the motherboard and power supply. the green light comes on the power supply and the fan comes on. When i press the power button the green light goes off and the fan comes on nothing else happens no other lights come on. I have to unplug the pc so the fan will go off. I have tried to hard reset it and i replaced the hard drive and the AMD processor. Any suggestions will help. The warranty is no longer valid and i hat eto lose so much money on this pc. 

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 2 of 5 (292 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart 300-1017 wont boot

when it will not boot are you getting any boot up screen like up to the hp logo or up to windows ? and have you got a restore disc if not you can order it from hp.com
Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Top Student
LadeeJ
Message 3 of 5 (289 Views)

The screen is completely blank no boot up screen or anything i have windows restore disc however the drive wont even open. Which i find strange bc the motherboard is new, processor and power supply so i basically have a new pc. 

rickp400 wrote:
when it will not boot are you getting any boot up screen like up to the hp logo or up to windows ? and have you got a restore disc if not you can order it from hp.com

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 4 of 5 (281 Views)

just brainstorming is the monitor hook up which i means the wires properly hooked up ?
Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Top Student
LadeeJ
Message 5 of 5 (277 Views)

Yes the monitor is connected I considered changing the inverter but before i purchase another part i wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything thats the only part i havent replaced. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation