Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Problem solved:

to solve this problem, the video card must be gereflowed.

yours sincerely

RHZCOMPUTER

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

I am also a hp lover or should I say was.i have a hp laptop that finaly went after about seven years. Now I have a all in one desktop that 2 months after the warenty was gone  my hard drive went with it. They wanted to charge me 300 dollars to come get it and fix it. i decided to check out this forum. it showed me how to replace my hard drive. i paid $60 to buy the hard drive and fixed it myself. i paid  almost $800 for the computer i expected it to last at least a few years. i hope nothing else goes wrong I dont think i would even trust them to fix it. i am afraid to think its made bad to start off so that they can make money on repairs.

HP Recommended

Here's the bad news - it will keep happening. Mine burnt up again - after having it repaired and a new hard driive put in so I moved on to Lenovo. It was pricier but works amazingly and has a liquid cooling system to keep things running smoothly. Just know that from now until it happens again you might want to bet putting up money to buy a more reliable computer and in the meantime make sure you're using an online back up service and/or an external hard drive so you don't lose everything.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Touchsmart 300 that started freezing up after minutes of being on. I also get a black screen when I try to reboot after it freezes. I can hear the computer power up, but I still have nothing on screen. 

Now, I'm not a professional computer technician, but I do like to tinker with electronics. What I found was that one of my memory slots on the motherboard are bad. Not sure why or how it went bad. But when I take out one of the memory sticks, I have no issues with the computer. When I replace the memory stick, I start having the same issues again.

The conclusion to this problem, since I have programs that require all of the memory, was to buy a 4 GB memory stick and remove the two 2 GB sticks that came with the computer. This way I am using the one memory slot that is good.

Please don't let anyone tell you it's a hard drive or heating issue. 

HP Recommended

A coisa mais comum neste caso, é a falha de produção. Os capacitores estufam ou tem aumento exessivo de temperatura. A solução é a troca dos capacitores que ficaram esgotados, na placa principal.

Foi solucionado o defeito com a troca de todos os capacitores que orinalmente não prestam, são de pessima qualidade.

Fazendo isto, claro que deu certo!

HP Recommended

I normally don't like arguing with people online, as it's pointless and it's hardly ever enough to make the person you're arguing with see logic or think using common sense, but when someone insults the best PC and printer manufacturer in existence, I take serious offense. You are obviously either being misled by someone. Otherwise, you must have an IQ of less than 60 or else have huffed to much gasoline.

HP happens to produce the highest quality, long-lasting and most powerful systems you can buy with money. The fact that you somehow got the idea that it's the opposite is not surprising. Perhaps you did something stupid and broke an HP product in the past, or perhaps you're upset that high quality devices cost money, and because your GED education won't allow you to afford an HP, and you had to buy a Gateway or clone, you insult HP out of spite?

Whatever the reason, to anyone else reading this, I highly advise you to ignore the garbage spewing from the mouth of user1976, lest you end up with an inferior or worthless product. And as for you, user1976, although your lies make me furious, I almost feel bad for you, to think you are so pathetic you must resort to trolling in order to feel some sense of self-worth. Go to therapy. Your self-esteem may improve, and who knows. You might even increase your IQ a few points or learn the value and gain the ability of abstract thought or common sense.

HP is the best. Whether you believe that or not is up to you, but if you continue to use products of lower quality, you'll end up with a lot of frustrations. Thankfully for me, I've used HP for most of my life, and Dell when I couldn't, or else I've built my own box using components, many from HP, so I haven't had too many computer problems.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.