Question

Top Student
DrAaronErnst
Message 1 of 3 (851 Views)

HP Touchsmart 300 Screen Goes Black Suddenly - Pls Help

The oddest thing is happening lately - while using my Touchsmart 300 the screen simply turns black and the fans stop abruptly. The power button reamins blue as if its on however.   It's as if the machine went to sleep - but its not asleep.   The green light at the power supply is off whenever this happens.

I read a lot of posts about overheating - so i pulled both back pannels and ran a house fan at highest speed to see if that was the issue, still happens

I pulled memory and reset.  I pulled HD and reset.   Same issue.   I cant run any diagnostics b/c it keeps doing this.  Its now maybe 2 min tops before it goes out.

Any suggestions?     Anyone have this happen with a touchsmart before?

Im thinking its the power supply unit but it seems strange b/c i own 4 others of the same model and they dont have any issues.

thanks!

Student
cwazzy18
Message 2 of 3 (840 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart 300 Screen Goes Black Suddenly - Pls Help

twice this week the same thing has happened At first I thought it went into sleep mode but I have been making a point to either leave it on or use the shut down option. The one thing I remember is just before this happened windows did somesort of automatic update. I dont know if this is the cause but since I called the geek squad and of course was told I would have to bring it in for them to look at. Will gladly share whatever info I get. One thing I know this is too new and I paid for every type of coverage so whatever the problem is It better get fixed .

This is my first hp and so far not impressed.

cwazzy18

Top Student
DrAaronErnst
Message 3 of 3 (838 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart 300 Screen Goes Black Suddenly - Pls Help

thanks. let me know what they say, mine is past the normal warranty and I dont buy the extended plans

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation