HP Touchsmart 510 Uk (5766 Views)
Honor Student
SarahIble
Message 1 of 11 (5,766 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Touchsmart 510 Uk

Hi, I have bought a touchsmart 510 and the HP touchsmart software is playing up. The small icor scroll bar is hidden towards the bottom of my screen. I can only see about a cm of the top of it. I can touch a couple of icons and drag them into the top bar but I cant see the small icons or the personalise and close buttons at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes the background of the software shows " The current display resolution is not supported" error so I installed the latest graphics drivers from Hp's website but its not solved the problem.

I dont know wat to do. I really like this software. When I click on the photos icon in the big bar the photo opens too big and the right hand editing bar is half hidden and theres no way of moving it. Help please!

Master's Graduate
JimT
Message 2 of 11 (5,765 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart 510 Uk

it does sound to me you need to install the correct Graphics Driver for you PC.

Click on "Support & Drivers" from the top of this page, enter you model id (hint: press ctrl+alt+s at the same time) then click the vista 64 bit link and you'll see a list of all the available drivers here for your PC - choose the Grphics Driver and install it...

Hope this helps,..

HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
Honor Student
SarahIble
Message 3 of 11 (5,756 Views)

Hi, I already tried that yesterday. I dloaded the drivers u had said and restarted the computer but it still gives that problem.

Its just the touchsmart software. Everything else is in proportion. The touchsmart's lower scroll bar with the small icons is hidden at the bottom of the screen.

Is there any other way? Can I uninstall and resinstall the software?

Master's Graduate
JimT
Message 4 of 11 (5,754 Views)

i see, try running this command from command line

smartcenter deleteconfig

Then reboot your PC.  That should reset all your touchsmart settings.

With re-installing the software, I wouldn't really know without having to re-image the PC using your recovery CD's.  Maybe you might want to try your windows restore point to a date prior to the issue was evident.

HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook, HP ENVY Recline 27-k001a, HP MediaSmart EX495 Server, HP MediaVault 2020, HP ENVY 120 AiO Printer
Master's Graduate
JimT
Message 5 of 11 (5,750 Views)

SarahIble wrote:

Is there any other way? Can I uninstall and resinstall the software?

Actually from this thread here, (BTW I think CP = Control Panel) it does look like you can re-install the software, but I haven't tried it for myself though...

http://www.touchsmartcommunity.com/forum/thread/351/TouchSmart-loading-problem/#1871

Mauro said:
snow said: Same problem here... smartcenter deleteconfig did not work. Please help. EDIT After deleting the application and reinstalling, it is working adequately. We'll see what happens when I run the update again.
How did you reinstalled the Smart Center? Since I can not find it anywhere

Uninstall in CP and use the recovery manager to reinstall.

Enter recovery in the search box to start the wizard. Don't install the update or the app will break.

Honor Student
SarahIble
Message 6 of 11 (5,743 Views)

Thanks alot. I tried the smartcenter deleteconfig command and also did a system restore to an earlier point and then restarted the computer. I don't know which one worked but the smartcenter is working fine now. Everything is in proportion and I'm a happy customer :smileyvery-happy:

Cheers Jim.

Master's Graduate
JimT
Message 7 of 11 (5,775 Views)

Ahhh excellent!

And so life moves on,......

Honor Student
trams
Message 8 of 11 (5,500 Views)

I had the same problem on my touchsmart iq 508a and resolved it eventually by going to control panel -personalise-adjust font size-and changed it to default 96 dpi from 120 dpi which it was set to.

It works perfectly now.

Honor Student
trams
Message 9 of 11 (5,218 Views)

To check that this was the cause of exactly the problem you described I have changed the font setting back to 120 DPI (default is 96 DPI) and the problem reoccurred exactly so definitely the cause of my problem.

Hope this helps.

Honor Student
trams
Message 10 of 11 (5,189 Views)

NOTE: Graphics and other features can also become distorted if the dots per inch (DPI) setting is changed. If changing the display resolution does not fix this issue, make sure DPI remains at the default value of 96: Click Start  , Control Panel , Appearance & Personalization , and then click Adjust font size (DPI) from the left side of the window.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation