HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-20-2012 07:41 PM
I have downloaded the Windows 8 Release preview software to have a better experience with my Touchsmart PC. After a frustrating attempt to keep my hp software and computer settings, I gave up and installed the Windows 8 Preview, removing all my files and settings thus removing all my hp software from my machine. I would like to install the HP touch canvas and others back into my Touchsmart, however "HP's installer" keeps it from completing the installation due to the operating system I am using. When will HP start support for the Windows 8?
07-04-2012 07:04 AM
Same here. Funny thing is: I somehow managed to install the Touchscreen driver by using a beta Intel display driver and installing some compatibility licence (which somehow convinces the driver installer that you're actually running Win 7). But this was buggy (though the touchscreen worked) and so I reinstalled everything. This time, no success. No matter which disply driver I use, the touchscreen driver won't install.
Hey HP ! Do something ! Users are getting more than slightly p.....d off.
08-17-2012 02:41 PM
OK, just tested this on my HP Touchsmart 520-1030 with Windows 8 Pro RTM and got the driver to install using the following steps...
1. Download the "NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen Driver" from here
2. Run the sp54627.exe driver download package (but don't select "Proceed with the update?" when prompted)
3. Go to the temp extract folder location (e.g. under c:\users\username\appdat\local\temp\xxxxx.tmp)
4. Go to the "src" folder, right click on "NextWindowInstall.inf", and select install
6. Go forth and touch away on Windows 8