HP Touchsmart 520 slow ticking sound then the pc freezes (631 Views)
Associate Professor
frrw
Message 11 of 15 (366 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart 520 slow ticking sound then the pc freezes

Hello Maggie_Clark:
You figure HP would at least install the same sofwtware arround the world on their computers. Can you give me your complete computer's information and what country you bought it in. HP Touchsmart 520 - ???? ?? . Example mine is HP Touchsmart 600-1050. I already know your operating windows. This must be driving you crazy. So I can look up your computer on line to help you trouble shoot the ticking sound. Thank you for being a sport. frrw
Intern
Maggie_Clark
Message 12 of 15 (362 Views)

I am so sorry I am taking so much of your time. Thank you for your help

Touchsmart all-in-one

Model 520-1030

bought USA--Texas

July 2012

Does that help?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 13 of 15 (356 Views)

Meggie_Clark:
Yes but why on Earth HP changed the software. I understand Hp's Touchsmart software but operating software? I am going to your computers web page and see if I can find anything about your two issues. Time is no problem there. frrw
Associate Professor
frrw
Message 14 of 15 (355 Views)

Hello Meggie_Clark:
Here go to this link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01895819&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=5157108 This is how to diagnostic on your computet. What a big difference even the diagnostic window is different. Rember you computer is still under warranty so any thing needs fixing HP Direct Support will fix it. So contact them back with computers results. Fans how ever are your responsibility for cleaning them. Thats just blowing out the dust from air vents. Other then that HP fixes. frrw
Intern
Maggie_Clark
Message 15 of 15 (352 Views)

With the info you had given me--I had made a Dianostic Disc and run it--said it was to trouble shoot potential issues. Everything passed !!!! Strange huh??. I will keep an eye on it and if it freezes up like that again. I will send it back and let them check it. Thank you so much for your time. You have been a blessing.

Maggie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation