HP Touchsmart 600xt - Audio not working anymore (3073 Views)
Honor Student
Shadow14l
Message 1 of 4 (3,073 Views)

HP Touchsmart 600xt - Audio not working anymore

Devices:

• AVerMedia A323 MiniCard Hybrid ATSC = Driver updated to latest
• Realtek High Definition Audio = Driver updated to latest and reinstalled several times
Playback Devices:
• Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio
• Realtek Digital Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio
Setting either of them to default device does not produce any sound and the sound test fails.

Devices:

• AVerMedia A323 MiniCard Hybrid ATSC = Driver updated to latest

• Realtek High Definition Audio = Driver updated to latest and reinstalled several times

Playback Devices:

• Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio

• Realtek Digital Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

Setting either of them to default device does not produce any sound and the sound test fails.

I ran the sound troubleshooter and it said that they should be working perfectly except for the part where the sound isn't working...

The microphone which uses Realtek High Definition Audio works fine, as I can see the bar going up and down when I speak.

-Shadow14l

Honor Student
Shadow14l
Message 2 of 4 (3,070 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart 600xt - Audio not working anymore

Nevermind, disabling sound effects for the internal speakers fixed my problem.

Student
Destinyllee
Message 3 of 4 (2,600 Views)

My speakers on my HP touchsmart 600 pc is not working at all. I just bought this computer its been about month! Can someone help me. Should I return it? I've tried basically everything it was working earlier then it stopped working.

Grad Student
Ben95111
Message 4 of 4 (2,546 Views)

Destinyllee wrote:

My speakers on my HP touchsmart 600 pc is not working at all. I just bought this computer its been about month! Can someone help me. Should I return it? I've tried basically everything it was working earlier then it stopped working.

Try re-installing the driver and downloading the updates.

If those steps don't work, use SYstem Restore to restore back to a time when it was working.

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation