Question

Honor Student
dchowlett27
Message 1 of 3 (960 Views)

HP Touchsmart 610 Dual Monitors

Hello,

I bought a Touchsmart 610 last fall (2011) and never really had intentions of using it for business, but now I need it for a small business.  My main concern is that I'm not entirely sure how to set up an extra monitor to work in seperate applicaitons on two screens.  Can someone please explain to me the process?  I was going to buy a USB to VGA, but I've been reading this will only give me mirrored display.  That is not what I want.  What I want is two distinct displays.  Also, I do not have the 610 that has HDMI inputs.  I saw one that had two HDMI inputs and it apparently solved the problem.  Anyway, someone please help.  Thanks.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 3 (956 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart 610 Dual Monitors

Since the Touchsmart doesn't have any video outputs, you will need to use a USB-to-video adapter such as the EVGA UV plus+ 19. Your concern about this setup only giving you a "mirrored" display is based on the fact that system uses a touchscreen. Because the system uses a touchscreen, an "extended" display will be outside the touch area. Disabling the touchscreen and using a mouse instead should, in theory, allow the use of an "extended" display without the limitations imposed by the touchscreen.

Frank

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
dchowlett27
Message 3 of 3 (939 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart 610 Dual Monitors

Thanks Frank.  I will give the EVGA a shot.  I appreciate the quick response.

Daniel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation