Question

Honor Student
Hinagiku
Message 1 of 10 (5,370 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I connect my computer to my tv

I have an HP desk top touch screen, model # 320-1120m. I want to know what do I need to connect it to my Televicion.

Intern
boxerm
Message 2 of 10 (5,345 Views)

Re: How can I connect my computer to my tv

This document applies to HP desktop computers with Windows 7 Premium.hope this helps............

This document applies to HP desktop computers with Windows 7 Premium.
With Windows Media Center and a TV tuner in your computer, you can watch, pause, and record live TV. To find out what is on TV, connect to a TV source from an antenna, cable, or satellite, and download local listings to the Windows Media Center program guide.
You can use your computer as a DVR (digital video recorder) to record TV and movies directly onto your computer to watch when you want. With Media Center, if you are going to be away when your show airs, browse and search the program guide and set it to record a single show or an entire series. When you are ready to watch your recorded show, use Media Center to browse through your recorded TV programs. If you are interrupted while watching live TV, click Pause to step away for a few minutes, and then click Play to pick up where you left off, or click Record to watch the rest of the show later.
In addition, you can listen to music, look at your photo collection on your TV screen, and view online entertainment such as Internet TV. Internet TV offers movies and TV shows, all displayed in a convenient program guide; and watching Internet TV does not require a TV tuner.

Before you begin
Make sure you have the following items available before setting up the computer:
  • Coaxial (TV) cable to connect each device that accepts a television signal (set-top/receiver box, VCR, and the computer).
  • A cable to connect the TV to the computer such as S-video cable, optical, DVI, or HDMI. Which cable you need depends on which ports are available on your computer and which ports you have on your TV.
  • A flashlight, if the installation area is dark.
  • To use the TV Program Guide, you must have an Internet connection.
Step 1: Set up the TV signal from a cable TV box or satellite receiver
There are many different ways to connect the television signal to the computer and TV. The following steps are for a basic setup with a cable or satellite connection and a video recorder or player. For more detailed instructions, see the using and setup guides for your products.
  1. Connect the coaxial cable from the wall jack to the line-in connector on the set-top box or satellite receiver.
  2. Connect another coaxial cable to the line-out connector on the set-top box or satellite receiver.
  3. Connect the cable from the line-out connector on the cable box or satellite receiver to the TV-In jack on the computer.
  4. If you are using a video player or recorder (DVR, VCR, Blu-ray), do the following:
    1. Connect a coaxial cable from the wall jack to the line-in connector on the player or recorder.
    2. Connect another coaxial cable to the line-out connector on the player or recorder.
    3. Connect the cable from the line-out connector on the player or recorder to the TV-In jack on the computer.
    TIP If your computer has an ATSC or DVB-T digital TV tuner, you can connect an antenna directly to your computer to receive digital over-the-air broadcasting.
    TIP Do not connect a game console such as an X-Box, PS3, or Wii to the TV-In connector on the computer because of a small time delay while the signal is processed. Instead, connect the game console directly to the monitor or TV using another input such as DVI or HDMI.
Step 2: Set up the remote control for use with a set-top box
To use your remote control on a computer that receives a TV signal from a set-top box, you need to connect an IR emitter cable, also called a blaster cable, between your computer and the set-top box.
more at

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02258913&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_u...

Honor Student
Hinagiku
Message 3 of 10 (5,335 Views)

Re: How can I connect my TV to my computer to used as a bigger monitor.

I need a big monitor and I will like to know what cable or cables I need to connect my desk top computer in to my TV and use it as a monitor.
Teacher
DoinTFN
Message 4 of 10 (5,329 Views)

Hinagiku,

In order to use a television with your PC, the PC has to have a means of outputting the video signal to the TV either through a S-video or HDMI output.    I looked up the specs for your product and unfortunately  it doesn't have the capability to do that.

I am an employee of HP
Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 5 of 10 (5,325 Views)

Re: How can I connect my computer to my tv

To connect your HP 320-1120m to a TV, you will need to purchase a USB-to-video adapter. I recommend the eVGA UV Plus+ 19 USB-to-Video Adapter, however many of these other USB-to-video adapters should also work.

FYI... with a touch screen, you can only "clone" the desktop... trying to "extend" the desktop may cause problems using the computer.

Frank

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
Hinagiku
Message 6 of 10 (5,321 Views)

I need a biger monitor and I need to know how what I need to use my TV as monitor for my computer. Thank you.
Honor Student
Hinagiku
Message 7 of 10 (5,320 Views)

So, there is nothing I can do?
Intern
boxerm
Message 8 of 10 (5,309 Views)

was any of the responses helpful at all ?

Student
santabarbarian
Message 9 of 10 (2,872 Views)

I have an HP s5-1260 slimline with windows7 home premium. I'm trying to connect it to a TV as a monitor too. The ports on the TV are HDMI, USB, Coax, RCA. How can I do this?

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 10 of 10 (2,790 Views)

Hello santabarbarian

I understand you wish to connect your TV to your Computer. I would recommend you read and follow the instructions on the HP Support document titled Connect your PC to your TV through HDMI (and more) located here.

I hope this answers your question. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation