Question

Honor Student
katgray1963
Message 1 of 9 (2,147 Views)

How do I restore my HP TouchSmart 300 Desktop PC. to it's original factory condition?

How do I do a complete system restore on My Desktop HP TouchSmart 300 PC? It WILL NOT even run the system restore discs that I created right after I purchased it. It is out of warranty. Can I purchase a warranty now. I bought this computer in July 2010. Any advice is appreciated. Thank You one and all. 

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 9 (2,141 Views)

Re: How do I restore my HP TouchSmart 300 Desktop PC. to it's original factory condition?

Hi:

If your PC has a recovey partition, you can try turning on the PC and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F11 key to launch the recovery manager.

Follow the on screen instructions to recover the PC.

Paul

Honor Student
katgray1963
Message 3 of 9 (2,126 Views)

Re: How do I restore my HP TouchSmart 300 Desktop PC. to it's original factory condition?

Thank You for your prompt answer Paul. I really appreciate your time to make a suggestion. I will try your advise and get back to you as soon as I see if it works. Thank you again.

KAT

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 9 (2,117 Views)

You're very welcome, Kat.

Student
TK1211
Message 5 of 9 (1,983 Views)

Paul I turned off my computer and pushed f11 like you suggested however it didn't work.  Maybe I am trying to do something different. I have three recovery disk from when I had it wiped before.  How do I wipe everything off so I can download those back up disk? Sorry not sure if this makes sense

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 9 (1,977 Views)

Hi:

So, you are trying to restore your PC using the recovery disks you made, correct?

Put the first disk in the dvd drive, reboot the PC and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F9 key to launch the one time boot menu.

Select the DVD drive and hit the enter key.

Follow the on-screen instructions.

Honor Student
Message 7 of 9 (1,209 Views)

i have deleted c drive and i have installed window 8 i have recovery drive and f11 doesn't working and i don't have backup and recovery cd i want my pc into original factory condition

Honor Student
Message 8 of 9 (1,208 Views)

help me plzzzzzzzzzz

Provost
erico
Message 9 of 9 (1,201 Views)

8550 wrote:

i have deleted c drive and i have installed window 8 i have recovery drive and f11 doesn't working and i don't have backup and recovery cd i want my pc into original factory condition

You have posted to a two year old thread belonging to someone else instead of creating your own. You have also not identified your desktop PC. 

First time here? Learn how to post and more.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation