How do I turn off touch pad on HP Envy TouchSmart (193 Views)
Student
Cashdaddy123
Message 1 of 2 (193 Views)

How do I turn off touch pad on HP Envy TouchSmart

I have an USB mouse hooked up and would like to disable my Touch Pad, and everything I try doesn't work (double tap left corner, hold down on left corner for 5 seconds.) None work. Please help because everytime I try to type I move the mouse by mistake and type in wrong area because the pad moved the cursor. Thanks

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)

Re: How do I turn off touch pad on HP Envy TouchSmart

Hello Cashdaddy123,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are looking to disable your trackpad when you plug in a USB mouse. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this we can provide you with accurate information.

Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job." - Anonymous
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation