How to get in Bios Touchsmart 23-d055? (1092 Views)
Tutor
midblues
Message 1 of 5 (1,092 Views)

How to get in Bios Touchsmart 23-d055?

I have tried the f10 key while booting as per HP support but unable to get in bios. I have also tried the f1 nad f2 key during bootup but boots rite to windows 8. Is it possible because I am not using the OEM wireless keyboard the came with it. Using a usb keyboard and light is on keyboard during but up. Any ideas?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 5 (1,074 Views)

Re: How to get in Bios Touchsmart 23-d055?

Hello Midblues:

Try using f-12 key is for Bios F-8 is for safe mode. F-2 is under the advise of HP Technician. f-11 is Recovery options. f-9 is dyanostics tests. F-2 will put you into bios any miss click can damage your computer that is why you use this key under HP technicians directions. Please click on Kudos if this has helped. Thank you frrw.

Tutor
midblues
Message 3 of 5 (1,068 Views)

would love to give you kudos but it didnt work. Sorry still cant get in bios.

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 4 of 5 (1,038 Views)

Hello midblues:

No luck still. Follow these directions very carefully http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03561456&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc... Remeber do not hold down F-10 as you turn on computer but lightly repeadly tap f-10 key. Your computer is f-2 for testing hard drive. Title of document I went to is Computer will not start (Windows-8) frrw Your computer is a lot different then the older version. The screens are different as well not the tradition type.  Your computer might still have warranty time left on it. So if this fails following your computer trouble shooting then just use live chat and contact HP Direct Support every HP product comes with a one year warranty. frrw

Grad Student
lil-liebe
Message 5 of 5 (1,022 Views)

Because you keep getting booted straight into Windows 8, here's an option that works if you are already in the OS (but only if your computer uses UEFI):

Press the Windows logo key + C

Click the Settings charm

Click Change PC Settings at the bottom-right corner of the screen

On the PC Settings menu on the left side of the screen, click General

On the right side of the screen, scroll all the way down to Advanced Startup and click Restart now

On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click UEFI Firmware Settings

Click Restart

On the Startup Menu, use the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll to the desired choice, and then press the Enter key -OR- press the appropriate Fkey, such as F10.

~Lil Liebe

I'm just here to help

***Click the white Kudos star to say thanks***

Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your issue makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the left is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation