Question

Honor Student
Guiii79
Message 1 of 14 (67,535 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to temporarily disable the touch screen in Windows 8? Touchsmart 320-1122la

Touchsmart 320-1122la

Windows 8 64bits

This solution not work for me because i don't have the option "Use your finger as an input device."

Go to Control Panel, then Hardware and Sounds.

Select Pen and Touch and go to the Touch tab.

At the top is "Use your finger as an input device."  Uncheck it.

Click Apply and then OK.

Is there another solution???

Thanks in advance.

Grad Student
lil-liebe
Message 2 of 14 (67,503 Views)

Re: How to temporarily disable the touch screen in Windows 8? Touchsmart 320-1122la

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have an HP TouchSmart 320-1030, so this may work on your TouchSmart:

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  5. Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

When you want your touch screen to work again, follow the process above, EXCEPT when right-clicking the touch screen driver, select Enable.

~Lil Liebe

I'm not an HP employee; I just want to help.

***Click the white Kudos star to say thanks***

Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your issue makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

Honor Student
Guiii79
Message 3 of 14 (67,464 Views)

Re: How to temporarily disable the touch screen in Windows 8? Touchsmart 320-1122la

Thanks!!!
That works for me!!!
Grad Student
lil-liebe
Message 4 of 14 (67,419 Views)

I'm so glad I was able to help!

~Lil Liebe

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

Honor Student
drfawadk
Message 5 of 14 (58,935 Views)

Hi, 

My windows 8 toch screen was not working, I came across your article and to my surprise I found our that there is no option of touch screen in the HID of Device manager. It gave me a surprise and I laughed to this windows 8. 

I bought this HP Envy machine 6 days back, first couple of days touch screen was working then it stoped.

HID.jpg

Grad Student
lil-liebe
Message 6 of 14 (58,829 Views)

Hi drfawadk,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you tell me the product number and model number of your ENVY?

~Lil.Liebe

Grad Student
lil-liebe
Message 7 of 14 (58,804 Views)

Meanwhile, read this document to see if it offers any solutions:

HP TouchSmart PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 8

~Lil.Liebe

Honor Student
drfawadk
Message 8 of 14 (58,766 Views)

Where to look for the product number and model number?
Honor Student
drfawadk
Message 9 of 14 (58,765 Views)

I've been through this doc before coming on to this forum. Nothing worked.
Grad Student
lil-liebe
Message 10 of 14 (58,686 Views)

Sorry that document didn't help.

As for how to find your product and numbers, on my HP TouchSmart 320-1030, for example, I found both numbers on a sticker on the back of my PC, near the bottom, just under the inputs (USB, power, etc.). I also found that information in roughly the same area on my friend's HP ENVY TouchSmart 23-d034.

A really easy way to find out is to press the CTRL, ALT, and S keys. The HP Support Information box will open, showing your model number, product number, serial number, and other important information. I used Snipping Tool to take a screen capture of this information on my screen, and then I printed it and emailed it to myself. It's good information to have on hand if you're getting support, making warranty inquiries, or for your insurance files, if your PC were, say, damaged in a fire, tornado, etc.

Once you obtain that information, go to the Drivers and Download page. Click the Support and Drivers button, and enter your product number.  Check for new drivers for your product.

You can also get support and warranty information at the above link.

~Lil.Liebe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation