03-20-2012 06:19 PM
03-20-2012 08:13 PM - edited 03-20-2012 08:20 PM
JT, welcome to the forum.
I believe that you should have no problem installing the drive, as long as, you have a vacant drive bay. Most SSD drives have an adapter so you can use a larger bay. Make certain that you buy the SATA version.
It would be best if you disconnect all other drives when doing the Recovery. Here is a guide to help you install the OS and software on it:
In the guide it says to avoid problems that you should use a drive the same size or larger. The cost of the SSD drives makes this less than desireable. However, if you use a 120GB drive, it should be fine. I don't believe going smaller would be a good idea.
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
HP 10 Plus; Android-Kit Kat; 1.0 GHz Allwinner A31 ARM Cortex A7 Quad Core Processor ; 2GB RAM Memory Long: 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1600MHz); 16GB disable eMMC 16GB v4.51
HP Omen; i7-4710QH; 8 GB memory; 256 GB San Disk SSD; Win 8.1
HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
|**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**|
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
I am not an HP employee.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10