Question

Honor Student
lwhrna
Message 1 of 5 (3,107 Views)

I can't get my touch screen to work.

I cant utilize the touchsceen and move the curse around. When I touch the screen it recognizes the touch with sound only.

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 5 (3,103 Views)

Re: I can't get my touch screen to work.

Hello Iwhrna:

You did not provide us with enough information. Every Touchsmart has a different version software. Example mine is HP Touchsmart 600-1050 Windows 7 Ultimate version 3 Touch software. In order for us to help you. Can you please tell us about your computer. Follow my example. Thank you.

Honor Student
lwhrna
Message 3 of 5 (3,100 Views)

I'm trying to find what your looking for. I didn't find much information from the program properties.  This is what I can put together.

HP Touchsmart IQ800
SmartCenter 2.0
Program Ver: 2.8.3511.21625
Windows Vista Home Premium

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 4 of 5 (3,088 Views)

Thank You for the information Iwhrna:

Now we can get some where. I am on your computers update webpage. Or close enough HP Touchsmart !Q804. Now I am reading solution for it.

Steps:

1. Make sure you all of the clear protective packaging film from the outside of the Touchsmart.

2. Clean the screen before starting a calibrations. (Note: Do not spray glass cleaner onto the screen. With the computer off spray glass cleaner on a soft damp cloth and gentle wipe screen remove dirt and smudges. Give special attention to the upper left and upper right corners of the screen. Turn on computer when finished.

3. Click or tap the start button on the taskbar and then click control pannel.

4. In the control pannel, click or tap Hardware and Sound.

5. Click or tap HP Touch Screen Configuration.

(Diagrams are given) To get to this goto your update computers update page. In the Support for this product (Box right side third one down) Click on getting started. Next page under green bar (Select from list below) Click on Adding / Replacing Hardwar.Next page under (green bar) Click on Calibrating the Screen in Vista.

6. Click on or tap Troubleshooting tab.

7. Under calibrations  click or tap calibrate.

8. Click or tap yes on the message that opens.

(Break  I will be right back and continue with #9.)

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 5 of 5 (3,082 Views)

Continue # 9

9. Press and hold the crosshair (fingerprint icon) each time it appairs untill you hear a beep. Do not change the screen oriontation, desktop resolution, or performance any other task until completing calibration.

10. Click or tap Yes to except these calibration settings.

11.If touch points remain inconsistent, shut down the computer and unplug it the power cord. Leave the power cord disconnected for at least 5 seconds.

12 Plug power cord and turn on the computer.

Screen calibration isbreturned to factory settings. If touch points remain inconsisant, continue to next step.

13. Close out any open software so that the Windows desktop is visible.

14. Press the Scroll Lock key  on the keyboard five times.

15. Touch anywhere on the screenband the mouse pointer moves to upper left.

16. Obtain a pencil that has a clean eraser on one end.

17.  Gently touch the eraser to the mouse pointer and hold it until a beep is heard.

18. Release the eraser and the mouse pointer travels to another area of the screen.

19. Continue touching the eraser to the mouse pointer and releasing it until the mouse pointer moves to center of the screen.

Repeat these steps if touch point are inconsistent.

Finished. Now on this page they have other links at the very bottom with more solution. Remember I went to HP Touchsmart IQ804 Desktop PC updated page and posted. If you need futher assisants then go to this page as I have given above. Click on the bottom of page in blue type. [ Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Vista.

I hope this helps you out. Thank you very much for providing computers information. The new HP Touchsmarts have a one step method big difference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation