Question

Student
ceraxton
Message 1 of 2 (3,448 Views)

IQ770 upgrade to Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Edition

Hello Everyone,

I know this is not supported - but I have always been disappointed w/ some of the flaws in the factory installation that came w/ this machine.  I experienced screen flickers and network issues w/ my Media Center Extenders which were connected to my IQ770 since I had this machine.

Finally this weekend I decided to wipe out the factory OS and install Win7 Ultimate 64bit - and all devices were recognized in Device Manager along w/ no more flickers or network issues!!!  Not to mention that I gain access to all 4GB of RAM, which I upgraded several months ago.  So - I'm pretty sure I will be sticking w/ this installation of Win7 64bit, regardless of what I find out here in the forums.

My question(s):

• Anyone know of a version of the TouchSmart application that I can download and install on Win7 x64?  I have attempted to download a version for another TouchSmart PC but it will not install on this OS.
  • Anyone else done this - and have you found alternative drivers which work better, over the Windows drivers that came OOB or via Windows Updates?

Thx ahead of time!

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 2 (3,442 Views)

Re: IQ770 upgrade to Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Edition

Install this first so the system is stable

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

As for TouchSmart applications you would need to find 3rd party ones. This model only supports single touch.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation