Question

Honor Student
Stinson
Message 1 of 4 (1,624 Views)

Is my touchsmart 310-1125y pc compatible with Windows 8?

I want to install Windows 8 if possible all of my other devices run it great but don't want to risk my main desktop if it's not compatible?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,617 Views)

Re: Is my touchsmart 310-1125y pc compatible with Windows 8?

[ Edited ]

One of your best options is to make an image of your hard disk and save it externally for safekeeping. You can use Macrium Reflect Free edition to do that. Macrium will create a clone copy and that will enable you to reinstall your previous operating system and partitions just as they were on the day you created the image.

Here is a video with Windows 8 preview on a TouchSmart 310 PC. Yes, your PC  is compatible with Windows 8. 

Use the Upgrade assistant for Windows 8. It has a inspection phase where it inspects your hardware (devices) and applications (including drivers). The inspection phase gives a report on what is and what is not compatible with Windows 8. When the report is complete and read you have a chance to cancel the upgrade. If you  choose to install the operating system you are given the option of saving documents and other files or not and another chance to cancel the installation. If you choose to install the dowloading of the operating system will begin. 

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
peterbdowell196
Message 3 of 4 (1,133 Views)

Yes! I too have the touch Smart 310 – 1125Y and have successfully installed Windows 8 Pro on it. It runs like a charm. Don't expect to be able to run the HP touch Smart software though, but there is really no need as the Windows 8 Metro interface is awesome on it. I was always disappointed with this PC due to it dropping back to the Windows 7 desktop and being difficult to navigate without a mouse but with the Windows 8 Metro interface it is absolutely fantastic. Like it was made for Windows 8. I use mine in the kitchen for recipes and to watch streaming videos like those on Netflix. Also it is a great family communication centric PC as well. Once I got a completely set up I put the keyboard and mouse away and use it solely with the touch interface.

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions that may arise I'm happy to help.

Peter

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 4 of 4 (1,126 Views)

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

the link I provided has a support and you can go to the site and look up on the model and see if there are hp software that are availible for W8 on your machine 

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation