Keyboard wont work or sync with desktop. (14411 Views)
Student
seethepic
Message 1 of 4 (14,411 Views)

Keyboard wont work or sync with desktop.

[ Edited ]
Suggests to use a USB External Receiver which I dont have. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to get my keyboard working. I have the IQ770 touchsmart desktop computer.
Message Edited by seethepic on 01-03-2009 04:33 PM
Teacher
blew888
Message 2 of 4 (14,363 Views)

Re: Keyboard wont work or sync with desktop.

There was an issue related to keyboard not working.  The system should have supplied a USB dongle, as a backup solution if internal receive did not work, if not, I suggest calling HP Support to get one.  

Honor Student
mocha
Message 3 of 4 (13,888 Views)

Hi. I am not surprised that you are having problems with your wireless keyboard not working. I bought an IQ770a 14 months ago. The keyboard (or should I say Keyboards) have never worked properly.

First they told to change the batteries which didn't work.

Then they sent me another wireless keyboard and mouse. This also missed letters and doubled letters.

Then they sent me a plug in keyboard that didn't fit any port on the machine.

Then they sent me a connecter. This keyboard worked for a while.

Then they sent me a wire less keyboard with a USB stick. This worked for about 9 months and totally stopped working.

I got the old lpugin one out. This worked for 2 weeks and then was dead sometimes and worked sometimes.

My computer was sent in for repair and I was told that it was my fault for using a keyboard with a USB stick as the internal thing would work if I didn't have a USB one interferring with the signal!!!. They sent my computer bback with the same keyboard and the USB stick wrapped in paper and a not not to use it.

Then they supposedly replaced the thing in the computer that communicates witth the wireless key board.

The problem is that when a tech turns it on and types a couple of words, it works. The longer you type the more missing or doubled letters you get.

I went back aand said that the same problem was happening.

HP rang to say they were sending me another keyboard!!!! and that it would all be fixed. I exploded! I don't want another keyboard. I don't want something replaced inside it. I WANT A NEW COMPUTER THAT WORKS.

I have spent hours and hours since I bought this ABSOLUTELY USELESS PIECE OF **bleep**!! and still do not have a solution.

Neither Domayne, HP or Extended Warranty have helped. There is a "No Lemon" clause in the Extended Warranty contract. However is is very hard to get them to recognise a LEMON. You have to have that same problem 3 times. BUT they don't count any of the times the problem occurred under the HP warranty. NOW they are saying that because it is a fault with the model, it can't be covered under extended warranty!

MY ADVICE IS DON'T ACCEPT THE "WE'LL SEND ANOTHER KEYBOARD" **bleep**, BECAUSE AT SOME POINT THEY  WILL STOP WORKING PROPERLY TOO!! HERE IIS A SAMPLE OF WHAT i HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH...NOT BAD FOR A $3600.00 COMPUTER!!!!

There has been anotheeratteptt o ffiix my compute keyboa. It iss stil not working prerly.

The qick brown fx jumped oer the laz ddoog. He qick brown ffox jumpo ey d.

The quick brown fxx jumped over ttyy d.The quick brown fox jumped over thee lazy dg.

The quick brown fox jumped over thee lazy ddog.

The quick brown fox jumped over tth lazy dog.

The quick brown fox jumpe over tthlzy dog.

Thhee quick  brown ox jumped over th lazy dog.

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 4 of 4 (13,010 Views)

[ Edited ]

For the IQ700 series

If you're running Windows Vista SP2, there is a patch for USB patch for NVIDIA chipsets

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975163/ 

If you're running Windows 7, install this patch

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Driver-update-for-Win7-USB-issue-on-nVidia-chipse...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation