Question

Top Student
uricinex
Message 1 of 4 (238 Views)

Mouse requires multi click to work on envy 23

My envy 23 mouse is wireless but when I use it the left button requires multi click to work most of the time where a single click when you touvh something is all that is normally needed.  It is as if there is no communication between the mouse and the computer however the light on the dongle is operating showing it is talking to the computer when I click.  Any ideas for solving this please?

Top Student
uricinex
Message 2 of 4 (208 Views)

Re: Mouse requires multi click to work on envy 23

I also notice if you move the cursor off the button and go basck again the left click works.

Its got me stumped why this happens.

Grad Student
Aves_S
Message 3 of 4 (194 Views)

Hi..

Try to re sync your wireless mouse to the pc.

How to sync you mouse -- remove the wireless reciever from the usb slot. >> plugg it back and hold the connect button for 10- 15 secs..

If this does not help then try the usb reciever on a different usb slot and resync your mouse..

Also try with a fresh set of batteries for your mouse..

If this does not help then you need a new mouse.. this can a physical problem with the mouse..
Clicking Kudos! Is a nice way to say Thank You if this helped you or resolved your problem. Also " Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..

- Aves..
Grad Student
Aves_S
Message 4 of 4 (191 Views)

It can also be a software problem.. try the same mouse on a different pc if available..
Clicking Kudos! Is a nice way to say Thank You if this helped you or resolved your problem. Also " Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..

- Aves..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation