Question

Honor Student
Loving_559
Message 1 of 10 (16,299 Views)
Accepted Solution

My HP TouchSmart touchpad clicking does NOT work.

I have a HP TouckSmart tx2 and ive only had it for 2 weeks. But the touchpad(not sure exactly what it is exactly called) does not work. The mouse moves with my finger but it will NOT let me click on anything by taping my finger on the pad. The button works fine though so thats how I click on things... any clues???
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 10 (16,276 Views)

Re: My HP TouchSmart touchpad clicking does NOT work.

Try going to Windows Update

windowsupdate.microsoft.com

See if there is an optional driver update for your touchpad and install it

e.g. something from Synaptics?

Honor Student
afgranero
Message 3 of 10 (15,833 Views)

No I have the same problem. The problem began AFTER an Windows Update

Honor Student
afgranero
Message 4 of 10 (15,823 Views)

I solved the trouble in my Touchsmart tx2-1040br go to Control Panel/Mouse/Mouse properties click on tab Hardware. Select the first mouse in list (PS compatible mouse), press properties button, a dialog will open, press the button with the shield that indicates need for administrator permission (the button is Change Configurations).

Now UAC will ask for permission (if it is enabled) and another dialog will open, choose driver tab and press "Revert Driver".

Reboot and that will solve problem.

Note: Some names of buttons and options may vary, sin I am in a portuguese version of Windows, and translating the names.

Another thing, in the first dialog do not go to driver tab, only in the second, since in this dialog this option will be disabled because you do not have administrative permissions yet (only after pression the button with the shield icon).

Honor Student
ohhitsarielle
Message 5 of 10 (14,725 Views)

Still not working. Please help me? pls. send me email rll_cardosa@yahoo.com . Its not working when I touch the screen. Jeez! My aunt will kill me if shell find out that its nnoot working. Help any HP experts?

Student
crismartinez
Message 6 of 10 (14,073 Views)

my touch pad in my laptop model HP  G61

stop working after some windows update

but  it works using the mouse

PLEASE HELP thanks...............

Student
HoraceW
Message 7 of 10 (12,776 Views)

I had the same issue and clicked on the Synaptics Pointing Device icon on my Windows toolbar and selected "Tap to Click" and that solved the issue. Happy computing!!!

HW

Student
CVIT
Message 8 of 10 (5,370 Views)

[ Edited ]

hello this is zahid.

my pc name is

hp630

problem: when we click left on touch panel then not going to proper way working.

Regars

ZAHID [Personal Information Removed]

Student
Hnvy
Message 9 of 10 (1,481 Views)

Mouse and clicking not working
Student
aryan03
Message 10 of 10 (146 Views)

thnks for the help but "revert driver" option is vague i cant click on it i have hp envy 15-j046tx touchsmart pleseeeeee help me how can i fix it??? plzz

I bought it two days ago it has the same issue in the start but it was solved by un-instaling some drivers in mouse properties know again the same issue but know this time there is no option for un-instaltion plzzz help me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation