Question
My Touch Smart touch screen has stopped working...
Replies (31)

Honor Student
LoneYukon
Message 21 of 32 (3,140 Views)

Re: My Touch Smart touch screen has stopped working...

Hey Mandy...dont count on any support from HP...been having issues with mine for ages now and ZERO help from HP....what I have had to do to get it back online is to re-install windows - which sounds like might actually be your only option.

I recently upgraded to windows 7...and the fresh install fixed my touch screen capabilities too. Hopefully you're not the type of person to install lots of programs because having to re-install windows every 6-10 months makes 'recovering' a bigger pain.

Student
Pasqualino
Message 22 of 32 (3,033 Views)

Hi, my touch screen has stoped working ever since it was taken for repair. It happened in canada now the touch screen is not working.

What should do?

Student
elinamou
Message 23 of 32 (3,027 Views)

i have HP touchsmart computer with touch screen a by mistake felt down.From that moment doesnt work the touch screen even with pen.Everything else are working on the computer.The olny problem is touch screen.Please i need help.I've tried all methods for people who are writing here but nothing.Please somebody to tell me what to do and if i must send it to fix it how much will cost to fix it.Thanks again. 

Honor Student
kiaralong
Message 24 of 32 (2,944 Views)

it  wont turn on

Honor Student
dmills20
Message 25 of 32 (2,579 Views)

Hey; It's my HP Photosmart D7360 All In One Printer, not a touch screen computer

Honor Student
LOLAJAY
Message 26 of 32 (2,515 Views)

Windows 7 my HP touchscreen stopped working about one month ago, no other problems

Student
meisterbond
Message 27 of 32 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]

RandomTechDood - Legend. Not only fixed my touchscreen, also fixed random mouse-not-working problem. Cheers

Honor Student
RecoveryorHot
Message 28 of 32 (1,398 Views)

Hi I do a Restore to original factory status and start to work. After close and turn on again was not working but when the computer was hot in about 10 minutes the touch screen start to works. So strange.
HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 29 of 32 (1,390 Views)

Hey RecoveryorHot,

I understand you are interested in doing a Restore to original factory. But the computer getting hot might be better solved by following this document. Find your Bios Version then reload Bios to factory.

One of the following sections to reload the factory BIOS settings to the default setup :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07110

Thanks Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Student
BRRaye
Message 30 of 32 (1,272 Views)

How do I get 2 work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation