My touch screen not working please help!!! (12450 Views)
Honor Student
Jerome19961996
Message 1 of 9 (12,450 Views)

My touch screen not working please help!!!

[ Edited ]

I recently baught a hp touchsmart 320-1010a running windows 7 home premium and then installed a new version of windows (windows 7 ultimate 64 bit) and now the touch screen doesnt work and i have non of the hp touchsmart applications like, hp magic canvas and others. i installed all the drivers from the hp webbsite and it still doesnt work
can somebody please help??? im dying here !
Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 9 (12,435 Views)

Re: My touch screen not working please help!!!

Hello Jerome19961996:

Sorry about your wipe out. Are you ready to try it again? This time we will do it the right way. We first have to get you back to orginal factory ok. Lets first see if can use the recovery manger. Type in your all program search box Recover Manager.Open it and click factory restore. If it is still there. If not then you will need to use your recovery disk. If you did not make a copy then you will need to purchase them from HP's parts store. Direction on how to order them are on your computers update page.  Ounce you have your computer restored to factory condition. We can now upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate.

This time we are going to use just the product key number. Goto all programs search box again and type in Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. Open it and inter the product key that you purchased already. This time do not remove programs or delete any thing. Let it upgrade on it's own. This time everthing that is on your computer already will not be touched. The upgrade will only install what upgrades are needed with out disturbing HP's software. Ounce the initial upgrade is completed then go on line and download Windows 7 Ultimate add on's. Windows XP mode, XP Virtual Windows and Languages .  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-7    You should be all set now. Thank and welcome to the forum. Please click on Kodus if this has helped resolved your issue. Thank you.frrw

Honor Student
Jerome19961996
Message 3 of 9 (12,425 Views)

hi thanks for the help but i dont know which one to click ??? please watch this

http://youtu.be/DtYnzgcV3GM

Honor Student
LOLAJAY
Message 4 of 9 (11,050 Views)

Jerome19961996 wrote:

I recently baught a hp touchsmart 320-1010a running windows 7 home premium and then installed a new version of windows (windows 7 ultimate 64 bit) and now the touch screen doesnt work and i have non of the hp touchsmart applications like, hp magic canvas and others. i installed all the drivers from the hp webbsite and it still doesnt work
can somebody please help??? im dying here !

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 5 of 9 (11,020 Views)

Hello LOLAJAY,

You quoted the previous issue, but didn't tell me anything. Are you having the same issue? You upgraded your version of Windows and now your touchscreen no longer works? If so what version did you go from and to what?

Did you ensure you installed all the proper drivers that were necessary for the upgrade process?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
LOLAJAY
Message 6 of 9 (11,012 Views)

When I purchased the PC it had Vista running and Norton Anti-Virus; however within a year I had a Root Virus that wiped out my hardrive. Reolacing the hard drive the technition suggested I go to Win 7 and Kaspersky for anti-virus program. All has been well and working until recently I noticed the Touch screen wasn't working, doesn't worry me much as I hardly used it but was curious to know if it was the result of a Win.7 upgrade. Also I can't see how to Defrag my hardrive, it says it can't be activated as the Task Scheduler isn't working, when I select Task Scheduler;it says Remote computer not found. I don't know what this means and if the hard drive is auto fragmented. Any suggestions welcomed

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 7 of 9 (10,987 Views)

Hello LOLAJAY,

What computer did you originally have? The Touchsmart 320-1010a came with Windows 7 already on it. As for the touchscreen it may have stopped working because of the upgrade. After upgrading to Windows 7 you need to upgrade your drivers. There should be Touchscreen drivers for Windows 7 for your computer.

As for your Task Scheduler that should be an easy fix that requires tweaking the registry to allow the Task Scheduler to launch.
http://goo.gl/iWd0m

1. Go into Regedit
2. Navigate to this path HKLM >System>CurrentcontrolSet>Services>Schedule
3. Change the START value to 3.
4. Reboot computer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
LOLAJAY
Message 8 of 9 (10,946 Views)

Thankyou for the reply, I was working today and haven't had time to try your recommendations yet. To answer your question my PC is a Touchsmart IQ505a. The transfer to win 7 was last December and the touchscreen only stopped working about one month ago, could this be because of a Windows Upgrade that doesn't like the current driver?

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 9 of 9 (10,928 Views)

Drivers can become corrupt or just stop working. Usually uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them usually fixes the issue.

You can try uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling them directly from HP. The support page for your product is in the following link
http://goo.gl/i9jhh

Do you know if you have Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit installed? You'll need to make sure you install the correct drivers.

Let me know if you are able to use the steps and get your other issues resolved as well.
- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation