Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have a similar issue with the HP Touchsmart 610 after windows 10 upgrade. On occasion when the computer goes to sleep, the screen does not wake up again. Either I need to reboot or try power button a few times for a resort to occur.
This time I was able to catch the message on the screen:

DisplayPort Link Failure
The system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh on your DisplayPort display. Your display might not support the requested resolution or there maybe a. Issue with the cab.e connecting the display to your computer...

The help is not much help at all.

Would welcome ideas why this happens and any resolution tot the problem. Thanks
HP Recommended

Futher testing has given me a reasonable work-around until a new display driver can be distributed.

I have changed the the keyboard sleep button action to HIBERNATE.    {control panel} {power options} {edit plan settings} {change advanced power settings}  under {power buttons and lid}- select Sleep button action & set to Hibernate.

I have also set the auto sleep timer to a longer time  {1hour). 

So now when I use the keyboard sleep key,  the computer hibernates instead of sleep.   This requires a power button press to resume, but the screen brightness is normal and all is well.     If  an auto sleep has occured and the screen is dim--a hibernate cycle will restore brightness without rebooting.

Hope this works for others.

HP Recommended

I am in the exact situation as you, aplg and agree that this appears to be HP that holds the responsibility.  I purchased my computer late December 2013 so it is well within the dates that support for Windows 10 is supposed to be provided.

Come on, HP, please publish a new driver set for Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue. After updating to windows 10 after my computer goes into sleep mode the backlight does not turn on. I was on the phone with Microsoft yesterday for over 1hr going through the software and computer. They determined it was on HP end I should call them. After talking for over an hour with microsoft I didnt want to wast my weekend talking to HP as well. I was hoping not to call HP. I think they need to update their drivers for windows 10. I might just have to give in and call them tonight..... :manmad:

HP Recommended

Thanks. I tried the sleep timers but does not seem to work. So must be the drivers. Let me know if HP publishes.a new driver.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have this problem as well on my All in One Pavilion 23:  Won't go into sleep mode on its own and wakes with a screen so dim its barely readable.  I tried and rejected the Adaptive Brightness change. It did nothing.  Additionally, there is no longer a setting for "Screen Brightness" when going through monitor adjustments. 

My work around (and i've done it so often I can now do it even with the dim screen) is to go to "display adaptor" under device manager and select an older driver. Generally all is well if I go back 4 or 5 driver updates. I am up and running again in less than a minute.  At least I don't have to reboot each time, though the annoyance factor is still pretty high.  

HP, we need an updated display driver for Windows 10!   

HP Recommended

I was on the phone with HP last night for quite some time...... Long story short they DO NOT have a solution yet, they told me to go back to Windows 8.1 and wait a month or two for the update..... They are working with microsoft to figure out the issue from what the rep told me a lot of HP products are having issues with the update. Guess I will wait patiently LOL 

HP Recommended

i'm yet another HP Customer with this issue.  

does it hurt the computer to not sleep or hibernate for a month until this gets fixed?

HP Recommended

Just wanted to throw my hat in - I'm having this trouble too!

I'm going to try the Hibernate workaround in the meantime, but I agree with the others--this really isn't acceptable and I hope HP offers us a patch soon!

Thanks!

ali

HP Recommended

Its been ONE MONTH since I posted my issue regarding the dim screen. I check for updates on the AMD Radeon HD 7560D nearly every day. My computer will not go to sleep on its own, and comes out of sleep with a dim screen. I have to roll back the driver every time in order to get the screen to return to usable brightness. 

I really wanted to get more than 2 years out of this desktop computer, but if this driver issue is not fixed asap I'm going to junk it and get a Mac.  This is ridiculous to think that a display driver renders this computer almost unusable.  One driver.  For the want of a nail the war was lost...  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.