Playback of Bluray in Windows media center (7276 Views)
Honor Student
Pharmboy2
Message 1 of 7 (7,276 Views)

Playback of Bluray in Windows media center

So I recently purchased a HP touchsmart 600 PC

So far have been loving it.  I can play DVDs and Blu-rays through HP media smart without any problems.

I did download the update to HP media smart and then it wouldn't let be play Blu-rays so luckily I made a restore point and went back to that and now all is fine with that. 

My problem is that I can't get Blu-rays to play through windows media center To play this DVD, you must first install a playback application that supports Blu-rays.  I thought that was what HP media smart was.  How do I fix this???

These are regular store bought Blu-rays that should work fine. 

Thanks

Master's Graduate
KiranTalluri
Message 2 of 7 (7,234 Views)

Re: Playback of Bluray in Windows media center

Hi,

By Default, Windows Media Center does not play HD/Blu-Ray Media.

We need to use dedicated Video playing Application such as MediaSmart, PowerDVD, WinDVD etc to play Blu-Ray Media.

You can find New MediaSmart DVD Application at below link and install it on your PC upon removing the Existing version from Programs and Features.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50778.exe

Version:    4.1.4328

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
Honor Student
Pharmboy2
Message 3 of 7 (7,224 Views)

Kiran thanks for the help

So if it doesn't play it out of the box, do I just need to link or tell WMC to use this to play the file before deleting and reinstalling the mediasmart program?

Thanks again

Master's Graduate
KiranTalluri
Message 4 of 7 (7,208 Views)

Windows Media Center may give format not supported when you try to play BD Movies. Simple Fact: WE CANNOT PLAY BD MOVIES IN WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER.

Which is why HP Has installed MediaSmart DVD to play BD Movies. Please launch HP MediaSmart DVD from Start-<All Programs->HP MediaSmart, insert a BD Movie, and check if it plays fine. If not, you can download and install new version from the URL given above. 

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
Student
stainedgls
Message 5 of 7 (5,544 Views)

Hi,  Well..my HP DVD Media player went haywire.  I had previously been able to play Blu Ray discs.  Then all of a sudden it decided to tell my it could not read Blu Ray from a Virtual disc.  Make sure I had a Blu Ray disc in the player. 

wth?  There ws a Blu ray disc in the same Blu Ray player it read earlier.

So I saw your posts earlier in this thread  and downloaded the media update you linked.  I removed my old Media smart DVd program, ran the new downloaded version.

Except it didn't load a new HP Mediasmart DVD player.  Just opened a file of some sort and that was it.   A big nothing.

I  now have no HP DVD player of any kind!!

please help if possible.

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 6 of 7 (5,506 Views)

Hello stainedgls:

How wonderfull another DVD player (Optical drive) failer. This is the reason why people are switching to Apple computers or another brand. I bought my self a used Sony computer that plays all types DVD's formats.

Let's get yours up and running again. Open up your Recovery Manger select  Software Program Reinstallation click next. Find and sellect Cyberlink DVD Suite click next. Restart computer after it has reinstall. Now open HP MediaSmart DVD. Upgrade from with in the media's player itself. This way nothing can go wrong. It will only up grade its own version installed on your computer if needed. You removed the orginal player there for when you updated it. It did not work because player was no longer installed on C. Drive. Always use recovery manger first when things become corrupt or stop working right. Please click on Kudos if this has helped resolved your issue.

Student
malavida1
Message 7 of 7 (351 Views)

hey

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation