Problems with sending files from my iPhone to my TouchSmart 300 PC - Help (1141 Views)
Tutor
ady199
Message 1 of 2 (1,141 Views)

Problems with sending files from my iPhone to my TouchSmart 300 PC - Help

Hi,

I sem to be having problems sending\receiving files from my Touchsmart 300 PC and my iPhone.

I've been told that due to the Bluetooth profiles on the iPhone I have to use an iphone program called iBluetooth to get it to pair my my PC. It works - in a way.

I've setup the Link program (from the HP TouchSmart software) - my iphone seems to pair with my PC ok, the only problem I have is that it doesn't seem to allow me to browse to different folders on my iphone - Anyone know how I can do this??

I've also tried to transfer files from my iPhone to my TouchSmart PC by using the Windows 7 Bluetooth file transfer program - Once again I can getthe iphone paired with the PC, but the transfer starts but then fails only managing to send part of the file - it does this every time.

Help!!!!

(All I want to use Bluetooth for is to transfer photos from my iPhone to my TouchSmart 300 PC) 

Intern
lizard
Message 2 of 2 (1,130 Views)

Re: Problems with sending files from my iPhone to my TouchSmart 300 PC - Help

[ Edited ]

The firmware/file system on the iPhone is locked unless you jailbreak your iPhone. The sync function via a USB cable and iTunes is the only way to add or retreive data unless your phone is jailbroken (and that is limited to music, movies, contacts, pictures, etc)

There are applications in App Store which will create a file storage system on your iPhone and allow your PC to access those folders/files via WiFi network (iFiles is one, there are others)

iBluetooth requires your phone to be jailbroken.

You can use a bluetooth connection from iPhone to PC to play music only thru the PC speakers without having a jailbroken phone.

If all you want to do is transfer pictures, iTunes will do that.  It is already set up, just plug in the phone, and go to the photos tab and choose which picture app on the PC to transfer the photos into.  Then everytime you sync your phone, it pulls the new pictures off the camera roll.

What was I thinking when I bought an HP ?
Oh yea, I wasn't !

IQ504 & IQ506
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation