Question

Honor Student
tech_Mom
Message 1 of 16 (1,102 Views)

Recipe Box not working.

After using Recipe Box successfully for about 6 weeks (new HP Touchsmart 600-1350), it no longer will open. I get error message: Cooking Center has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Then nothing happens. Is there any way to download and reinstall the recipebox.exe file without messing with all the other TouchSmart stuff? Thanks!

Honor Student
tech_Mom
Message 2 of 16 (1,085 Views)

Re: Recipe Box not working.

Well, I solved my own problem, but it took all day. It was fairly simple once I found this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01868333&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=4330804

You do have to uninstall Recipe Box using control panel > uninstall programs. When I followed the steps in the above link, Recipe Box was reinstalled and the recipes I had added were there too.The only thing missing were the photos I had added.

A few days before I had this problem, I cleaned up my desktop and put the photos I had downloaded for my recipes in the trash. Does Recipe Box only reference the images that you add to it (like PowerPoint does) and not really import a copy into the program? That makes me wonder if the reason Recipe Box wouldn't open was because it couldn't find those images???

Why wouldn't it just open and show one of those image boxes with a little red x in it instead of crashing the whole program?

Attention HP: Recipe Boxes functionality is really limited if you can't save your recipes in a format that you can import/save into other programs. Who wants to go to all the work of adding all your recipes to it, if at some time in the future you can't move them to another computer or back them up or use them in some other creative way not linked to Recipe Box? Please add this function in an update or the next version.

Honor Student
grandmadie
Message 3 of 16 (385 Views)

my recipe box is still not working even after I tried the solution given as uninstall and reinstall with manager. What else can be done? is there any way of getting my recipes out?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 4 of 16 (378 Views)

Hello grandmadie:

Yes there is a way very complicated tough it is easy.  I am now going to back track envoles alot screen shoots so you do not get lost in C: Drive files.  So bare with me on posting it. It has taken me a while to locate these files and find a program to open up RCP files how ever pictures do not display. Least you can view the recipes and make  print screen shoots and using paint save it to documents. This is how they will read notice no option given to save it. Only way is using print screen the open up paint and save it as JPEG file. frrw I will be back to post more information . Taking a break now.the view.jpg

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 5 of 16 (372 Views)

Hello Ladies those who need to recovery their Recipes in HP Touchsmart Recipe Software .

:smileyhappy:  Please follow my picturers .  Go to Computer. Blue is where cursor is not seen in pitures.1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

5a.jpg

Continue

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 6 of 16 (368 Views)

Hello :

I am having issues loading in the last 5 steps. I belive it has some thing to do with print screen file settings. This part is critical as to open up up the RCP files. The good news just got better to. You can save the recipes that you recovered to my documents  using Microsoft Office Word 2010.   So continue being patient as I work on this solution with this print screen format. Thank you frrw. If I am not able to post the last five steps I will do my best to write down the directions.

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 7 of 16 (363 Views)

I am very disapointed HP has blocked the pitchures. They did not think any one could tap in the their software and find other ways to excess it. This is horible and actually save the files out side of Touchsmart Desk top software or tranfer it to easy excess. I wonder if they would delete or block the how to do it directions to? I do not understand it is our computers we should be able to do what ever we want to do on it. As long as we do not sell their software or copy it. Here we help people out recover supose  lost files. Yet they are never lost.  Just very hard to find because HP renames files. Such as Recipes files are called RCP files and rename program files as well as you go through the C: Drives files. I will post the directions but they are very lenthly and complacated. frrw

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 8 of 16 (358 Views)

Opening RCP 1.jpg

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 9 of 16 (357 Views)

Opening RCP 2.jpg

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 10 of 16 (356 Views)

Opening RCP 3.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation