Question

Student
JRPT
Message 1 of 5 (683 Views)
Accepted Solution

Restore Touchsmart software

Upgraded my Touchsmart pc IQ507 from vista to windows 7 Professional. Touchscreen still works but most of touchsmart software doesn't.  How do I recover it?  Thanks for any help !!

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 5 (682 Views)

Re: Restore Touchsmart software

[ Edited ]

JRPT, welcome to the forum.

Here are the specifications for the computer.  In the section titled "Software", it lists all of the programs that came with the computer.  It also shows those programs that you can restore from the Recovery discs.  However, this means using the original OS.  Once you upgrade to Win7, many of the value added programs are unavailable.

Please let us know if this solves your problem or not.

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 5 (673 Views)

JRPT wrote:

Upgraded my Touchsmart pc IQ507 from vista to windows 7 Professional. Touchscreen still works but most of touchsmart software doesn't.  How do I recover it?  Thanks for any help !!

Just go to the support section of the hp.com web site for your model, when you select Win7 as your OS the updated applications are available to download.

Student
gadgetguy39
Message 4 of 5 (406 Views)

i went from win7 home premium to win7 ultimate. There are no hardware conflicts. The upgrade was done as a fresh install. none of the hp programs are present. when i goto hp support there are software updates but there is no software to update. i cannot find the original programs at all. I even thought of restoring from my recovery partiction but i cant seem to boot into the recovery without hp recovery manager which isnt present! what do i do??!

PhD Student
dianebrat
Message 5 of 5 (398 Views)

The support section of the HP.com site for the IQ5xx has all the files you would need if you upgraded it to Windows 7.

If you have a different model that shipped with Windows 7 from the factory then clearly the instructions for the IQ5xx models would not apply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation