Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm connected to broadband with optimum signal but my store app won't work and neither will any of the apps I have on my start page. What should I do?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Are you talking of specifically one App or the Default Windows Store App..

Try the inbuilt trouble shooter to try and fix any Internet Issues if there are.

To Start the Troubleshooter go to Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network and Sharing Center

Then click on Troubleshoot Problems

Follow on screen instructions and then try accessing the Store.

Im a Windows App Developer 😛
HP Recommended

Won't connect to the default windows store app (and any other app for that matter). Internet connection is 100% perfect. I've done all the troubleshooters possible and no results of any issue with the internet..

HP Recommended
OK..

Try running this app

Click the Windows Button let the Start Menu come up and now type

WSReset

The Icon looks like the Store Icon but it resets the cache of the Store.

Right Click on it and Run it as Administrator

The App will start and then go give you the same error message click Try Again

Close the App Restart your Computer and then Try Accessing the Store.

HP Recommended
Thank you. Tried this but it still won't load and blames the 'network'!
HP Recommended
Could you try some of the Steps which this guy has mentioned out here
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_store/app-store-your-pc-isnt-conn...

Its related to your Date and Time.

Also if this does not work check if there are any Windows Updates which are pending try updating them and then try connecting to the Store.

HP Recommended

Thanks! Tried all these but nothing worked! I can't seem to log in to my Microsoft account (which could be the problem!!?)  Again, 'network problems' seem to be stopping me. Sooo annoying!!

HP Recommended
Do u have any Anti-Virus or Firewall Program which is active? Try disabling them.

Did these app ever connect to the internet before or did it stop working suddenly?

HP Recommended
Tried that. Still doesn't work even when it's off! There's the windows firewall and then AVG installed. It did work and then it stopped suddenly.
HP Recommended

Do this:
1. Press windows button+R
2. search for "services.msc"
3. on the left side search for "windows event collector" and right click on it and select properties, in the General tab you will see "startup type", change "startup type" to 'automatic' then apply and press "ok" (startup type:Automatic)
4. again search for "windows event log" and right click on it and select properties, in the general tab you will see "start type", change "start type" to 'automatic' then apply and press "ok" (startup type:Automatic)
5. tatz all, now close the servise.msc and try to reload your store in windows app...
Hope it works for you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.