Question

Intern
AlResnick
Message 1 of 5 (2,911 Views)
Accepted Solution

Stylus Pen

Can I use a stylus pen (i.e., a stylus with a point, albeit plastic, rather than a rounded rubber end) on an Envy Touchsmart All-in-One that is running Windows 8?

If so, what are my best bets to use?

Thank you very much

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 5 (2,872 Views)

Re: Stylus Pen

Hello AIResnick:

You can as long as it dosn't scratch your screen. You can adjust your touch sensors by using HP Touch calibration tool found in pc tool folder. To the point that you do not even have to touch the screen it self. When running the tool. Hold a pen about 1/8 of an inch away from the screen. You might need to slightly move it in closer till the cursor moves. Hold the pen as steady as possible I brace my hand at the corners when I calibrate my screen. Since you did not mention your computer make and model number I have no ideal what size your screen is. On E-Bay they sell screen protectors for HP 300 and 600 series I know 600 series touchsmarts are 23 inches I think 300 series is 20 inches. Those screen protectors will work on your computer as well as long as it has the same dementions. There is a company that sells them there. They found in HP Touchsmart computer section towards the end of posted computers. Ounce you go through the computers list and get into memory and hard drives you will find them in that section. Then you do not need to worry about scratching your screen up. Please click on Kudos if this resolves your issue. Thank you frrw.

Intern
AlResnick
Message 3 of 5 (2,862 Views)

Will give that a try.

Thank you very much!!!

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 4 of 5 (2,854 Views)

Hello AIResnick:

You are welcome. Enjoy your new computer and have fun with it. frrw Please remember to click on Kudos so others can find it if this resolves your issue. Thank you.

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 5 of 5 (2,849 Views)

frrw--just FYI, this OP mentioned in a similar thread that s/he has 10-point touch on her/his new ENVY AiO. So I assume it is actually a capacitive touch screen, not one with IR sensors like on the older TouchSmart models. I don't think there is any way to use a capacitive touch screen without making physical contact with the screen, either with a stylus, finger, etc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchSmart-PC-e-g-Windows-8/Enabling-Pen-on-TouchSmart/m-p/2357893#M185...

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation