Question

Top Student
beckyb70
Message 1 of 5 (4,392 Views)
Accepted Solution

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

I ran my HP Diagnostic Tool and it says a driver was detected on device "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface". Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Not sure if this is why my pc is running so slow.

Windows Vista 64

Greatly appreciated!

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 5 (4,377 Views)

Re: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Please see this Wikipedia article on Teredo tunneling. It basically states "Teredo tunneling" is a stopgap measure being used in the transistion of the Internet from IPv4 to IPv6. The "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" is a valid Microsoft driver used to implement "Teredo tunneling" on Windows based computers.

This is not an issue and is by design. This driver should have little to no impact on the speed of your computer.

Please preform a full anti-virus scan of your computer to rule out viral infections which may cause slow downs.

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Top Student
beckyb70
Message 3 of 5 (4,373 Views)

Thank you!

Student
gdmcmurrain5
Message 4 of 5 (2,507 Views)

I found that in order to correct the "Teredo Tunnel Pseud-Interface" problem was to not mess with the drivers at all. Rather instead re-enable IPv6! Then ask Mr. FixIt from Microsoft to do his thing and sound was restored. A restart was required to make everything permanent. After that look in the Device Manager and it's all good! Good luck.

Student
wesal
Message 5 of 5 (890 Views)

i need teredo tunneling driver

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation