08-19-2013 03:11 PM
The computer has 2 different types of internet explorers. One is in the desktop area, this is the normal internet explorer browser. Then the 2nd one is the the apps start window, this internet explorer is the new version for easy touch screen use. But when I touch that one it automatically takes me to the desktop and opens that old version.
08-20-2013 11:41 PM
Welcome to HP's forum boy I am happy to have Windows 7 computers and Vista earler addition computer. Windows 8 is a complete night mare. You can post your issue here on Microsoft web-site http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9?au
08-23-2013 06:53 PM
I have Windows 8 on a TouchSmart20 and when I've had issues with the tiles on the Start Screen, I have uninstalled them, and then instead of re-installing from the App Store on my computer, I go to Microsoft.com and download a fresh version. That has worked for me. So I would suggest you try uninstalling the IE tile from the Start Screen and then downloading a new browser directly from Microsoft.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10