Question

Student
gaby_c
Message 1 of 3 (489 Views)

Touch Screen windows 8 internet explorer

The computer has 2 different types of internet explorers. One is in the desktop area, this is the normal internet explorer browser. Then the 2nd one is the the apps start window, this internet explorer is the new version for easy touch screen use. But when I touch that one it automatically takes me to the desktop and opens that old version.

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 3 (465 Views)

Re: Touch Screen windows 8 internet explorer

Hello gaby:

Welcome to HP's forum boy I am happy to have Windows 7 computers and Vista earler addition computer. Windows 8 is a complete night mare. You can post your issue here on Microsoft web-site  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9?auth=1  for more exposure may be some there might answer it. This is Microsoft direct support  most deffently will fix your issue. https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?RDPATH=%2foas%2fdefault.aspx%3fgprid%3d31903... I guess no has ran into this issue yet here. I would hate to see you wait a long time for an answer. This is a Microsoft software issue. Good luck I hope they can fix it for you so you can enjoy your new computer. You are welcome frrw.

Tutor
vlnickson
Message 3 of 3 (442 Views)

Re: Touch Screen windows 8 internet explorer

I have Windows 8 on a TouchSmart20 and when I've had issues with the tiles on the Start Screen, I have uninstalled them, and then instead of re-installing from the App Store on my computer, I go to Microsoft.com and download a fresh version. That has worked for me. So I would suggest you try uninstalling the IE tile from the Start Screen and then downloading a new browser directly from Microsoft.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation