07-11-2011 11:25 PM - edited 07-11-2011 11:27 PM
I have a HP TouchSmart 300-1060a desktop running Windows 7, and the touch screen isn't working. It used to work fine, but stopped a couple of weeks ago.
I have cleaned the screen, and done the power off / remove the power cable / restart thing, with no effect.
- It doesn't work in any application (including the TouchSmart desktop or the standard "cross hair" calibration tool) except one - see "Note 1".
- It doesn't beep when I press it
- When I run the HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools and do the Screen Health Test it fails, with the error message "We have detected the the touch screen is in calibration mode". I can't see how to "exit" calibration mode - even shutting down Windows and starting again doesn't help.
Note 1: I saw a suggestion about pressing Scroll Lock five times, and the cursor moving to the top left of the screen, then touching the cursor and it moves to top right, etc. That does seem to work as the cursor changes position each time after I touch it - but there is still no beep when I do this. I can't get any screen response anywhere other than this.
Note 2: I saw another suggestion to run the HP Touch Screen Configuration Tool but I don't have that under Control Panel. Can't think why that wouldn't be there, having a TouchSmart PC. Perhaps that would solve the problem, but can this be downloaded?
07-13-2011 07:05 PM
Suggestion: Have you run a tune up? Enabled discdefragmeter. Also might want to try reinstalling the software from recovery. In search box type under programs typ in recover manager Their will be a white box appairs click recovery manager when it opens ckick on recovery software and reinstall the HP Touch calibrations utility it may fix the corrupted file.
11-24-2013 10:57 AM
I had the same problem and tried everything that was posted on the net. I had been having issues for a while with mu ADobe software and since I didn't use ithat often I let it go. Well I decided to uninstall it and re-install it and now my touch screen is working again. Coincidence? Maybe but it can't hurt to give it a try. All I'm saying is it worked for me.
02-05-2014 11:21 PM
I have made mine works by installing the driver for "AUO Touchscreen Firmware Update". Im not sure if this will help other product as well but for me it works. im using HP pavillion touchsmart. You can download this at hp site too. try this site.. https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/templa
02-06-2014 05:53 PM - edited 02-06-2014 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear you're having problems. Trying this may help:
- Press the Windows logo key + X.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
- Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
- Right-click, and select Enable from the list (if it is not already enabled).
- Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to enable the touch screen driver.
If that does not work, you might try going to hp.com (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html) and clicking Drivers & Downloads.
In the search field, enter your product name or number, and then click Go. Select your operating system from the drop-down list under Select your operating system, and then click Next. If there are any available graphics drivers under Select a download below, click the plus sign next to Driver - Graphics, and then click the driver name. In the Download options and information window, click Download . Follow the onscreen directions to download the driver. Restart the computer.
Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.
02-07-2014 09:56 PM
OH my!! Thank you sir!! This worked for me!! I've tried all the suggestions here in the internet, and none of them seemed to have work. I'm about to bring this laptop to the our nearest HP service center (which is really far from my residence). hahah Thanks you thank you!! I'm from Philippines by the way.
02-07-2014 10:19 PM
You're welcome qazwsxedcrfvtgb as I'm also frpm the phils and having issue with the touchscreen. Calling tech suuport do not help at all but only create a report. Told me to bring to repair center. They can probably put the troubleshooting done I made on their support forums too.
Wish all others with the same issue be able to fix it too.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10