Question

Honor Student
GLemm
Message 1 of 9 (744 Views)

TouchSmart 520-1020, Builtin Web cam does not work and cannot find driver for the web cam

TouchSmart 520-1020, Builtin Web cam does not work and cannot find driver for the web cam.  Running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 9 (735 Views)

Re: TouchSmart 520-1020, Builtin Web cam does not work and cannot find driver for the web cam

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 9 (735 Views)

Re: TouchSmart 520-1020, Builtin Web cam does not work and cannot find driver for the web cam

Hi,

Check the links below:

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 9 (729 Views)

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to resolve your issue.

Fixing Webcam Problems in Windows 7

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
GLemm
Message 5 of 9 (709 Views)

Have worked through all resolutions.  Still Webcam not in Device manager

Honor Student
GLemm
Message 6 of 9 (708 Views)

No resolution Webcam not in Device manager

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 7 of 9 (705 Views)

Check the link below and use the Microsoft  Fix it:

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

When you will do this check again is in the device manager listed the webcam now or any device with the yellow exclemation mark.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
GLemm
Message 8 of 9 (694 Views)

Did not resolve problem.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 9 of 9 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]

It looks that you have a hardware problem. If this desktop is still under warranty please contact with HP.

How to do it? Check the link below and choose your country:
Contact HP Worldwide

If the warranty is not valid anymore then you may be interested in buying the external webcam.

Here you will find really good offers. Logitech products are this which I really recommend.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation