TouchSmart Screen 600 went all black (951 Views)
Student
CDreamer9
Message 1 of 3 (951 Views)

TouchSmart Screen 600 went all black

this has happen twice now since i got the computer..Its still running it just seem to be the screen goes black and I can't seem to get it to shut down or anything.....only way I can get the screen to come back on is to unplug it....My power setting is off so that the screen never goes in sleep mode or anything else....does anyone know why this happens???

Intern
amish_u
Message 2 of 3 (894 Views)

Re: TouchSmart Screen 600 went all black

run system test from hardware dignost test when you are login ....if u have any error call hp or look for issue on google..if no issue found..then go to power options..advance options..put hard drive on never sleep and hybernet sleep as never..restart pc....go to www.hp.com/support and chk if u have any graphic driver and storage updates..

I work for hp touchsmart and i can try my level best to help you out..
what ever i post that would be my persnol opinion not HP's.
Grad Student
Ben95111
Message 3 of 3 (871 Views)

Re: TouchSmart Screen 600 went all black

If this were it, it'd be the display.

I would contact HP at 1-866-408-5408 and ask them what you would do, if the computer were IN WARRANTY.

It sort of sounds like either its a hard drive problem or a display problem.  Loose cable?

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation