TouchSmart webcam problem help! (3973 Views)
FCR Student
Student
FCR
Message 1 of 6 (3,973 Views)

TouchSmart webcam problem help!

It seems that i mistakenly uninstalled HP TouchSmart webcam trying to get the thing to work with yahoo messenger. I used to be able to use the webcam in the touchsmart video but now I cant its not even an option, so first how can i get that back so I can make videos again? Do I need to re-install TouchSmart again? second how can i get the webcam to work with yahoo messenger? thanks in advance for the help. Steve
Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 6 (3,956 Views)

Re: TouchSmart webcam problem help!

This is going to sound dumb, but I have to say it... diod you restart the computer? Webcams, in general, at least the ones I have used, have a tendancy to get locked up and seem to bounce back after you restart the PC and start a new sesion.

This may help...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01235743

This may help with Yahoo...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01471861&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

You may have already read these... just wanted to make sure the bases were covered before getting into more detailed troubleshooting.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 3 of 6 (3,296 Views)

Uninstalling the webcam application is independent of the driver for your webcam which is supported natively by the Windows Operating System. You can go to Yahoo Messenger, Actions, More Actions to invite others to view your webcam.
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 4 of 6 (3,270 Views)

Do you have Windows Live Messenger installed on the system?

If so, try going into the Windows Live Messenger, Tools, Options, Sign In, and uncheck [ ] Automatically run Windows Live when I log on to Windows Post to the forum if it works after you reboot the system.

Student
irvings248
Message 5 of 6 (1,817 Views)

Re: Outsmart webcam problem help!

my touchsmart IQ500 series PC came a built in web cam.  it came with a vista operating system.  i upgraded to windows 7 and the webcam stopped working.  windows 7 does not recognize it.  WHAT CAN I DO?

Intern
amish_u
Message 6 of 6 (1,800 Views)

U may upset but hp webcam doesnot support yahoo messanger...it supports msn and skype....but not just yahoo....

I work for hp touchsmart and i can try my level best to help you out..
what ever i post that would be my persnol opinion not HP's.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation