Question

Top Student
DianaChua
Message 1 of 12 (852 Views)

Touchscreen not working on Touchsmart 520-1151d running Win 7 Home Premium

My touchscreen used to work but now it is not working on my Touchsmart 520-1151d PC. The touchscreen also does not work when I am in HP Magic Canvas. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.

Can anyone help me?

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 12 (810 Views)

Re: Touchscreen not working on Touchsmart 520-1151d running Win 7 Home Premium

Hello DianaChua,

What has recently changed. You can try doing a system restore back to a point when it was working.

Also you can try uninstalling the touch screen drivers from the device manager and reinstalling the drivers from the HP website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-97977-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 3 of 12 (780 Views)

Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling the touch screen drivers for your computer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Top Student
DianaChua
Message 4 of 12 (761 Views)

Hi,

I suspect that I may have deinstalled or deleted the driver sometime ago. My system shows that No pen nor Touch input is available for this display.

I tried to install the sp54627 driver but it gave me an error "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled. (9996).

What could be the problem?

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 5 of 12 (759 Views)

That error usually means the update is looking for something on the system that isn't there. This could also be because the update isn't needed on the system.

So let's do this, if the Touchscreen recently stopped working have you tried doing a roll back on the computer to a time before when it was working?

System Restore

- Friendship is magical.
Top Student
DianaChua
Message 6 of 12 (745 Views)

I have not tried to do a system restore. I will try it now and hope it solves my problem. Otherwise, I may have to do a recovery instead.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 7 of 12 (744 Views)

Let me know how the restore goes. It's strange that something was working and would just stop.

The key thing is that you pick a date before the problem started happening. If you don't know the exact date when the problem happened then try to remember around the time...such as beginning of the month. You can then pick a date well ahead of that to ensure that you have gone before the problem.

- Friendship is magical.
Top Student
DianaChua
Message 8 of 12 (727 Views)

I have only one restore point to select from. Unfortunately the restore did not work. I am going for a recovery then. :smileysad:

Top Student
DianaChua
Message 9 of 12 (722 Views)

I did a full system recovery just now. The touchscreen is still not working. Any idea what is the problem?

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 10 of 12 (679 Views)

Did you reinstall the drivers after the system recovery?

- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation