Question

Top Student
Arsenal94
Message 1 of 8 (318 Views)
Accepted Solution

Touchsmart 520- Screen stuck after the screen darkening

[ Edited ]

Hello,  firstly my operating system is win 7 and i'm from Turkey but i couldnt find any Turkish Hp Forum so here i am. I arranged my power setting as close the screen after 5 minutes, normally it works perfectly but now its stucking, i encounter 2 or 3 times; screen close after 5 min and when i move the mouse, push any key to the keyboard or touch the screen or push the power button i have nothing. Its just stucking that position and i do the only choice i got, press and holding the power button and close the pc and open again. So any answers for that?

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 2 of 8 (290 Views)

Re: Touchsmart 520- Screen stuck after the screen darkening

Hello,

Is it the screen that is going to sleep or the unit? 

Do you have any LED from the keyboard on when the display goes off? What is the colour of the LED of the power button?

When exactly did this problem started to occur? Did it worked before?

Can you also tell me the exact model of your unit please?

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Top Student
Arsenal94
Message 3 of 8 (287 Views)

[ Edited ]

It's Touchsmart520-1200et. I don't have any led on the keyboard but the power buttons leds colour is blue and it's the standart working colour. I formatted the pc two weeks ago and this problem started utmost 4-5 day ago. You asked that the screen or the unit going to sleep, i think its the screen because power buttons colour is the standart working blue. I never encountered this problem before. 

Note: When i formatted the system it didn't setup any drivers so i manually set up them from the pc's model driver page at this site. Thanks for your answer and i'm waiting for your any other answers.

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 4 of 8 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Your unit comes with windows 7, what is the operating system version you have installed? Did you installed another O.S version, a non-HP image? 

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Top Student
Arsenal94
Message 5 of 8 (264 Views)

Its still win 7 but i came with Home Premium and i installed Ultimate, but i don't think this is the cause. Because when i format the pc firstly i installed home premium again but when i came to the hp's driver site and download the drivers they didnt installed they were incompatible with home premium. So i installed the Ultimate and install the drivers correctly.  In short i dont think the operating system the problem. I'm waiting for your another answer, thanks again.

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 6 of 8 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Can you please check if this troubleshooting document helps you:

Try also to change the time for the screen to turn off, set it to 1 minute and see what happens after.

Do also one thing, try to disable the "Turn off display", in case the document above does not help, and set the power button for the unit to go to sleep, just try this, just to see if that function will work, then press the power button to wake the computer from sleep mode.

Let me know the outcome of it.

Thanks,

Top Student
Arsenal94
Message 7 of 8 (239 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for everything, that really helped me. Again thank you your help really appreciated, we don't have that kind of forum support in Turkey. If i have any problem again this time at least i know whom i should ask.

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 8 of 8 (220 Views)

Hello,

It is good to know that I was able to help you out with your problem! :smileyhappy:

Any questions or issues you might have in the future you sure can contact us anytime! :smileywink:

Thanks,

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation