Question

Student
Ozzycat999
Message 1 of 10 (2,839 Views)

Touchsmart 600 - Network Card gone

Help, the nVidia network card has completely disappeared from my Touchsmart600. I still have the bluetooth and wireless LAN adapters showing in device manager but no ethernet adapter. I have tried to reinstall from the recovery manager, which says it's installed but nothing changes, I have also tried to install the drivers from the website but it says the PC does not meet the minimum requiremenst and the install stops.  Obviously I can still connect to the net via the wireless LAN but i would like the wired functionality back.

The card does not show in device manager at all, i've also checked in the BIOS and the onboard LAN is enabled.....

Any help would be appreciated....

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 10 (2,778 Views)

Re: Touchsmart 600 - Network Card gone

Try shutting down, pull out the power cable, wait for the power brick light to go out, wait an additional 30 sec, plug it back in turn on the unit

Also try installing this update

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

Student
lmfiko
Message 3 of 10 (2,566 Views)

I have a similar problem with my IQ-820.

Was your problem solved with reset and driver update?

It did not help me :-(

Tutor
kitenski
Message 4 of 10 (2,375 Views)

I have the same problem on my 600, has anyone solved this?

Honor Student
christophe757
Message 5 of 10 (2,279 Views)

same problem ....

Grad Student
Ben95111
Message 6 of 10 (2,262 Views)

In this case I would recomment a System Restore.

You can also try going to nVidia's website for the video card driver if you know the model, you can find that by googling "HP touchsmart 600 specs."

Try using the driver from nvidia, because i don't know the cause of it. If you could give a little more details about the cause and what you did right before this happened, it would be appreciated.

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
Student
Julienkb
Message 7 of 10 (1,802 Views)

I have the same issue. It happened two time. The first time I had to send it to HP for repair because the pc was still on Warranty. Now it happens again with no warranty. The fact is that I don't use the Ethernet for the internet. I did not found out quickly. This must be a model issue.  

Student
mightytomcat
Message 8 of 10 (1,611 Views)

same here is there already a solution system restore not working
Intern
Eye_To_Eye
Message 9 of 10 (1,534 Views)

ı have same problem. do you know anythink for this problem. i sent pc to repair center two times. repair center changet MB but when the pc working , the card suddenly went. what can ı do, how can ı solve this problem?

B.R.

B.R
C A
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 10 of 10 (274 Views)

Hello Janko1846. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand your nVidia network card is experiencing difficulties. To assist you properly, I do require the following information:

1. The computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Locating the Model Number of the Computer

2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.

3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

Please respond as soon as possible. I look forward to your response.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation