Question

Student
ryan27534
Message 1 of 4 (2,086 Views)

Touchsmart IQ804 - Touch screen not working :(

I replaced the original HD (hard drive) and did a fresh install of Win 7 Pro x64. I could not get the touch screen to function, and kept getting errors loading drivers. After messing with that for a day, I then decided to put vista back on it, as that is what came with the PC (i lost my recovery discs, so I had to use a retail version).

I installed vista business edition x64 and updated it to SP2. Installed all the drivers, including the HP software that I managed to find through this forum and the HP website. Everything works as it should. The only thing I cannot find is the actual touchsmart driver, rendering my touch screen  useless (not in device manager either).

Basically, I have everything installed except the touch driver, as I can not locate it anywhere. Any help is appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Student
rollandelliott
Message 2 of 4 (1,815 Views)

Re: Touchsmart IQ804 - Touch screen not working :(

did you ever figgure this out. I have 4 HP touchsmarsts model iq506 and upgraded them all to win7-64bit, none of the touchscreens work. it is driving me crazy!

Grad Student
Ben95111
Message 3 of 4 (1,715 Views)

Browse over to http://www.support.hp.com

And input your Product Number (This can be found by pressing CTRL + ALT + S on some models)

Click Next until it asks you for your OS, in this case, if you've already upgraded to 7 by clean install, all the stuff is wiped out..

Anyways, Click Expand all and look for something that has the words "Touch Screen" or "Display" on it. Download and install the update..

And input your Product Number (This can be found by pressing CTRL + ALT + S on some models)

Click Next until it asks you for your OS, in this case, if you've already upgraded to 7 by clean install, all the stuff is wiped out..

Anyways, Click Expand all and look for something that has the words "Touch Screen" or "Display" on it. Download and install the update..

This is what I would do.

1) Perform a system recovery with the built in recovery partition or the CDs.

2) Update, then restart.

3) Insert CD, UPGRADE to Windows 7 , not clean install.

4) Once it's done, it should work. Install all updates and use HP Update just to make sure.

This is what I would do.

1) Perform a system recovery with the built in recovery partition or the CDs.

2) Update, then restart.

3) Insert CD, UPGRADE to Windows 7 , not clean install.

4) Once it's done, it should work. Install all updates and use HP Update just to make sure.

If this doesn't work, go to Manufacturer's website and download their drivers.

If they don't have it, then.. I don't know what to do from there.

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
Grad Student
Ben95111
Message 4 of 4 (1,714 Views)

Sorry about that, my computer is acting up again..

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation