Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion 23-B219c.    Have only had it about 2 weeks.   I think, when I first set it up, there was a question about INPUT, and i selected "mouse".   But now the touch screen doesn't work.   How can i turn on the touch screen capabilities?  Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi RobKes/

Select models of this computer offers Touchscreen. Your manual  click here.

If you are not sure if this is a Touchscreen model or not. you can check in the Control Panel. Press the Windows key +C to open charms, type in control panel. Open the control panel. Select system and security and open. Select system  and open. This screen should tell you if it is a Touchscreen or not. If this is not listed as a touchscreen and you wanted that option, you may want to consider returning this model and getting one with that option.  If this is a touchscreen model and you are still not seeing the Pen and Touch settings. you can either return to Best Buy as you suggested or as it is only about 3 weeks old it would be in warranty and you could call HP support.  Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. click here. Please let me know the outcome

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended
Hi RobKes:

Thank you for your inquiry:
I understand that when you set it up, you unintentionally disabled the touch screen.
Please follow the steps below to re enable it.
  • Press Windows Key plus C to open charms
  • Click settings
  • Type in Control Panel
  • Open Control Panel
  • Open Hardware and sound
  • Select Pen and Touch
  • Click the Touch tab
  • Enable use your finger as an input

For your convenience I am also sending a link to a Microsoft document on "Touch:Swipe,tap, and beyond" click here

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1.   Thanks for the reply.

I get to Contol Panel just fine, and I get to Hardware and sound, but there is no "pen and touch" option to change.

HP Recommended

HI Robkes:

Thank you for your reply. I hope you had a good weekend.

I understand how frustrating these situations are.You stated your  are not seeing the necessary settings in the control panel.I would suggest you uninstall the monitor. Restart and then go through the setup again.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

The HP Pavilion 23 is an ALL-IN-ONE Computer.   How does one UNINSTAL the monitor.  

HP Recommended

I was looking at the specs for your computer ( http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=5365344#!tab=specs ) and it appears that your model does not have a touch screen.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended

Hi RobKes/

Select models of this computer offers Touchscreen. Your manual  click here.

If you are not sure if this is a Touchscreen model or not. you can check in the Control Panel. Press the Windows key +C to open charms, type in control panel. Open the control panel. Select system and security and open. Select system  and open. This screen should tell you if it is a Touchscreen or not. If this is not listed as a touchscreen and you wanted that option, you may want to consider returning this model and getting one with that option.  If this is a touchscreen model and you are still not seeing the Pen and Touch settings. you can either return to Best Buy as you suggested or as it is only about 3 weeks old it would be in warranty and you could call HP support.  Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. click here. Please let me know the outcome

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you all.    Checking the system in Control Panel.....it says "there is no pen and touch for this display"    So, thank you.   I must have been seeing a demo model that HAD that capability when i was in the store.  

HP Recommended

I own this model and it does have a touch screen.  Mine was workinmg great but now doesn't work at all.  I went to the 'pen and touch' feature and it says that it is unavailable. 

HP Recommended

Hi jco80,

A good first step is to make sure you have installed important Microsoft updates. Open the Control Panel, click the System and Security link, and then click Check for updates under Windows Update. Install all important updates, and then restart your computer.

You might also try going to hp.com (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html) and clicking Drivers & Downloads. The instructions below are for a

In the search field, enter your product name or number, and then click Go. Select your operating system from the drop-down list under Select your operating system, and then click Next. If there are any available graphics drivers under Select a download below, click the plus sign next to Driver - Graphics, and then click the driver name. In the Download options and information window, click Download . Follow the onscreen directions to download the driver. Restart the computer.

1.     After logging back in, from the Start screen, type Device Manager.
  2.     Click Device Manager in the search results.
  3.     Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4.     Double-click the touch screen driver.
  5.     In the window that opens, click the Driver tab.
  6.     Click the Update Driver button.
  7.     In the Update Driver Software window, click Search automatically for updated driver software.
  8.     If updated driver software is available, install it.
  9.     Restart the computer.

There's a slight chance that your touch screen driver may not be enabled. To check:

1. After logging back in, from the Start screen, type Device Manager.
  2. Click Device Manager in the search results.
  3. Click the little triangle next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  5. Right-click, and select Enable from the list (if the driver is not already enabled).
  6. Click Yes if a dialog box opens and asks if you are sure you want to enable the touch screen driver.
  7. Restart the computer.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.