Question

Student
Anniephil
Message 1 of 2 (709 Views)

Unable to setup Thunderbird, Eudora or other email settings

Touchsmart IQ526 Series PC  NC700AA    3CR92528WQ   Windows 7 64 Bit

I hate the email setup with Century Link and have been attempting to sign up for Thunderbird for years now. Have finally had it.

When I just open Thunderbird

"Live .mozillamessaging.com could not be found

The first error message I receive is

"Sorry we are unable to communicate with our Signup server"

Then when I  input the info provided by Century link

"Thunderbird failed to find the settings for  your email account."

So I paid some "expert" to figure it out for me....and he was unable to find the problem.  His advice was to use GMAIL to connect with Q.com.  Soi I tried and got the EXACT same messages.

What is wrong?  The computer in the next room but with Vista and all the  ISP works with Thunderbird with no problems and I have 3 Gmail accounts that work fine.  I want to keep the Q.com email  

HELP

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (690 Views)

Re: Unable to setup Thunderbird, Eudora or other email settings

[ Edited ]

I understand you want to setup your @q.com e-mail address in Thunderbird.

When I steup Thundebird a few minutes ago, I only had to click Create a new account being sure to click the skip this step and use an existing e-mail option to setup my e-mail account.  

Have you already contacted Century Link for assistance already?  They may have a setting that is needed on the remote  side to use it with an e-mail client.  This may already be set if the same @q.com address is working on a differnt PC througha  mail client.  I do know Gmail requires IMAP or POP3 to be enabled in the e-mail settings for it to work with a mail client, so this may be the cause of Gmail not working in Thunderbird.

I don't have an @q.com account to test this with myself.  Based on this support page from Thunderbird, it looks like Qwest uses a MSN Premium account (as Thunderbird has labeled it) to operate their e-mail.  Of course, this may be different now.  

At this point, these steps may be the best path at this point.

Also, have you tried this with the anti-virus disabled ( if any)?  It is possible it is interfering with Thunderbird.  

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation