Question
Update your TouchSmart 300 or 600 software to version 4!!!
Replies (28)

Honor Student
BlueRose
Message 21 of 29 (3,472 Views)

Re: Update your TouchSmart 300 or 600 software to version 4!!!

Hi!

I'am having the same issue to, installing the HP TouchSmart Upgrade Enabler

Seeing the message "The update did not complete successfully (9993)"

My HP Support Information:

Model #: 600-1130me
Product #: 3CR0041C41C2B
Software Build #: A1MEv6PrA1
Service ID #: 090-910
PCBRAND: Pavilion
Windows 7, SP1 

Tutor
GeekTieGuy
Message 22 of 29 (3,289 Views)

I've published an all-in-one update tool at the TouchSmartDevZone.com. This tool simplifies the upgrade and install process for people who want the TouchSmart 4.0 software on their system. The link to the download is: http://www.touchsmartdevzone.com/download/4070/TS4Upgrade/

You'll need a zip file tool to unzip the download. Windows has such a tool built in starting with Windows 7. For other versions, I usually recommend using 7-zip, an excellent free tool.

Note that the tool is provided as-is with no support from HP. Use at your own risk.

-- signature begin --
I work for HP, but I'm not an official spokesperson. Whatever you hear me say or see me write, it's just my personal view.
-- signature end --
Retired
SedonaF
Message 23 of 29 (2,590 Views)

Honor Student
RobertPattinson
Message 24 of 29 (2,208 Views)

What is your model of TouchSmart PC? If you have a TouchSmart 300 or 600, then can you provide the build id??? You can read the build ID on a sticker on the back ... or you might be able to get it be pressing CTRL + ALT + S.

Honor Student
Lenexaman
Message 25 of 29 (1,664 Views)

I cant get any of the links to work.  How can I upgrade my touchsmart 600?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 26 of 29 (1,633 Views)

Hello Lenexaman:

Sorry they closed the web-site down. You will need to turn off Your HP Support Assistant open it on bottom click on lock washer looking icon. This is check update setting change it to never update. The new Version HP Sopport Assistant will damage 32k sytem driver. This is a main system driver over a period of time it will cause computer start up issues then crash your computer trying to back restore. For as updating I already notified HP Direct Support about it.The third party website is closed. If you have downloaded the new version HP Support Assistant please prepare to do a complete Factory restore. Change your settings to never update in HP Support Assistant .

I Yogie expert division pin pointed the exact location and what software was causing the issue. Sorry I haven't responded because of our new HP Support Assistant update for our computer. You defently do not want that update.

HP is looking into upgrading HP touchsmart software. frrw

Student
GeekTieGuy2
Message 27 of 29 (1,404 Views)

The TouchSmartDevZone site has been shut down. The only place I know of where you can now get the upgrade installer is via my blog post:

http://www.geektieguy.com/2011/10/15/a-new-all-in-one-touchsmart-4-upgrade-tool/

Student
joseph100
Message 28 of 29 (1,190 Views)

I am having a problem with my touchsmart screen yesterday the touchsmart was working fine but today for some reason when you put it on touchsmart and touch the screen it is not working. could i have disabled the program somehow? and can it be restored? can you direct me and help me to fix this problem i really don't want to saend this computer back

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 29 of 29 (1,177 Views)

Hello joseph100:

Welcome to HP's forum. Lucky for you this was emailed to me. Otherwise I wouldn't have aplied back. Ok first thing we are going to do is calibrate your touch screen. To make sure that part is working. In your all programs list. Find folder PC Help and Tools extend it. Now click on HP Touchscreen Calibaration Utility and open and run it. There is also Touch Trouble shooter listed also run this if for some reason touch calibaration fails. Now try opening touchsmart desktop software. If opens and works great if not then you can reinstall it. Goto all program search box and type in Recovery Manager open it above listed. Click yes in promt if it appears. Ounce open select Software Program Reinstallation click Next. List is now open you are going to reinstall everything you see Touchsmart written in front of it. You can only reinstall one program at a time. So you will be doing a lot of repeating steps. Until all 17 Touchsmart programs are reinstalled.

It will take a while for you to do. Least you do not have to do a full factory restore. Please let us know if you are still having troubles. Your welcome frrw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation