Update your TouchSmart 300 or 600 software to version 4!!! (21496 Views)
Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 1 of 29 (21,496 Views)
Accepted Solution

Update your TouchSmart 300 or 600 software to version 4!!!

[ Edited ]

HP has released software updates that lets you have the same software used on TouchSmart 310 and 610 models. It takes a while, but I updated a TouchSmart 600-1050 successfully and it seems to be working great.

There are some pretty cool additions.. the biggest change is to the TouchSmart "canvas"... the way you can use the software to interact with your pictures, programs, and notes.

There are two methods you can use to update... 1) you can download all the files yourself and run them separately or 2) you can use HP Support Assistant and have it automatically collect and download all the files (except the enabler - which has to come first).

The biggest thing is that you first must download the enabler software. If you don't download the enabler software - HP Support Assistant or the other files might not work.

Here is the HP support document that gives the links to the files and explains how to do it:

Update from TouchSmart 3 to 4

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Student
hester5816
Message 2 of 29 (21,358 Views)

Re: Update your TouchSmart 300 or 600 software to version 4!!!

I have tried numerious times to install the enabler package but keep geeting this error message

The update did not complete successfully (9993)

I have tried doing this below but it was no help, can anyine help me out on this?

am getting error 259 when I try to install HP TouchSmart Application Update. How can I resolve this error?

If you can download and install the HP TouchSmart Enabler software, but get the following error when installing the TouchSmart updates:
The update did not complete successfully (259)
...follow these steps to try and resolve the issue:
  1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel .
  2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program .
    The Uninstall or change a program window opens.
  3. Check the list of programs for the following items:
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
  • Professor
    RasterBlaster
    Message 3 of 29 (21,172 Views)

What is your model of TouchSmart PC? If you have a TouchSmart 300 or 600, then can you provide the build id??? You can read the build ID on a sticker on the back ... or you might be able to get it be pressing CTRL + ALT + S.

Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
    Honor Student
    CBeans
    Message 4 of 29 (21,073 Views)

[ Edited ]

Iam having the same issue, installing the HP TouchSmart Upgrade Enabler

Seeing the message "The update did not complete successfully (9993)"

My HP Support Information says:

Model #: 600-1215xt
    Product #: WS331AAR#AB
    [Personal Information Removed]
    Software Build #: 10NASUCW606
    Service ID #: 020-811
    PCBRAND: Pavilion

Also, I installed Windows 7, SP1 earlier today.

Professor
    RasterBlaster
    Message 5 of 29 (20,961 Views)

You have a CTO.

I see this note in the document:

NOTE: Certain HP configure to order (CTO) TouchSmart PCs might display error 9993 during the upgrade process. HP is working on a fix and will provide the updated software as soon as it is available.

So... I guess you check back from time to time until HP comes up with a solution.

Tutor
    kwazywabbit_88
    Message 6 of 29 (20,590 Views)

I tried this upgrade as I have a 600-1050, however, it keeps telling me I don't have the minimum requirements to get the upgrade then gives a code (9986). I've got the 600 and i have over 1.5 GB. Am I going to have to wait until hp gets the right fix?

Honor Student
    pjsey
    Message 7 of 29 (20,426 Views)

I have tried to install the update but unsuccessfully. I get a variety of error messages, some of which refer to wanting to open a patch file on drive W. I don't even have a drive W!

The "solution" seems to be to wait for a new build.

So I now have a partly updated Touchsmart suite, components of which may or may not work. Thanks a lot HP.

Student
    kmtran33
    Message 8 of 29 (20,344 Views)

Hey Guys,
    I have a TouchSmart 600-1120 that I recently bought from Woot.  I am interested in upgrading the TouchSmart software from 3 to 4 but am a little nervous based on some of the stuff I read.  
    Do any of you guys know if this is a CTO model?  Not sure how I distinguish that.  Any of you guys have any success/failures with upgrading this particular model?
    Thanks!

Tutor
    kwazywabbit_88
    Message 9 of 29 (20,097 Views)

Well I was able to update, mostly. I still had error messages pop up but I have Touchsmart 4 on my computer. One of the things I noticed was my Touchsmart icon was gone and the button on the lower right of the machine, dedicated for the Touchsmart, won't work. With all of the errors and number of times I tried installing all of the upgrades I'm not sure if i got it all or just some. The programs I usually used are running and upgraded.

Intern
    amish_u
    Message 10 of 29 (19,935 Views)

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02641554&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=4020042

try this and letme know

I work for hp touchsmart and i can try my level best to help you out..
    what ever i post that would be my persnol opinion not HP's.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation