Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how do i erase everything on factory image drive?

HP Recommended

I checked my computer and my Factory Image says that 1.58 GB is free of 10.9 GB. What does this mean ?.

At the present time I have no problems.

R.B.

HP Recommended

@richardbruyn wrote:

I checked my computer and my Factory Image says that 1.58 GB is free of 10.9 GB. What does this mean ?.

At the present time I have no problems.

R.B.

It means everything is fine, just leave it alone..

HP Recommended

Have a new HP computer. I made a system repair disc and a set of 7 dvd system image discs. Why would I need a 😧 Factory Image? Seems to be redundant.

HP Recommended

If you use Recovery Discs, it takes an extremely long time, which is possible, in my situations.

Recovery Partition takes less time, about 30 minutes, vs about 1 hour using Recovery Discs, and it may take up to 22 Hours for recovery discs..

There you go! =D

I hope this information helped

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
HP Recommended

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1842075&docname=c01508532.  go to this link and give you step by step instruction to fix that problem                                                                                                                    

HP Recommended

@topgunal wrote:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1842075&docname=c01508532.  go to this link and give you step by step instruction to fix that problem                                                                                                                    

What in the world does this have to do with the thread in question?
HP Recommended

my factory image is almost full and I am thinking that it is making my PC run slow 2gb is free and i was wondering how you change it to 10 gb free or more.

HP Recommended

It is just that....redundant. As in, you loose the CD's/DVD's or delete the recovery partition by "accident", you can recover and move on.

Redundancy is a good thing when it comes to computers.

HP Recommended

Recovery partitions are to recovery your OS in the event the OS gets really messed up. Please don't mess with it in any way. The recovery partition is used ONLY for holding the files needed to recover your OS, not personal data, music, or anything else.

What ever happened to hiding this so people don't even see it? Dell still does. HP....please follow suit and hide it.

And to those that asked / wondered, no it won't slow your machine down. In fact, it is at the end of the drive, has it's own partition, and the OS sees it as a seperate Hard Drive all together. The partition is only as large as it needs to be to hold the recovery data, plus a couple gigs so Windows doesn't keep alerting the user that the drive is getting full.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.