Wireless keyboard won't connect! (3429 Views)
Student
Leonmcgann
Message 1 of 2 (3,429 Views)

Wireless keyboard won't connect!

Hi. I bought a HP TouchPad wireless keyboard to connect to my TouchSmart. Although it is designed for the TouchPad, it does work on PCs as you can see here in the reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-content-search/results/ref=cm_srch_q_rtr/?query=pc&search-alias=c... 

The device has working batteries and is switched on, I know this because it connects to my iPad via bluetooth within seconds and works perfectly. My blueooth dongle is plugged into my TouchSmart and I know because my mouse works. When I go to control panel and add a device, no devices are discovered (not even the mouse). All drivers re also installed.

Does anybody know why my keyboard won't connect and why nothing shows up when I click add a device?

Student
Tpete1
Message 2 of 2 (3,303 Views)

Re: Wireless keyboard won't connect!

[ Edited ]

Leonmcgann - I had the same problem.  Solved..This is what worked for me.  The Bluetooth Keyboard apparently will connect to only 1 device at a time..So, on your iPad, go to:  settings / General / Blutooth / and turn off Blutooth.  Go to your PC and add a bluetooth device as usual.  Turn off the HP Blutooth Keyboard (switch on the battery compartment), and then back on.  touch the "Power Button" in the upper Right Hand corner of the HP Bluetooth Keyboard and it should show up in the "Add a Device" window

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation