Question

Honor Student
sandrabermea
Message 1 of 3 (7,982 Views)
Accepted Solution

can not log in to my HP Touchsmart. may have wrong password,

just bought an HP Touchsmart desktop. A friend of mine came over to put it up and we made the admin user name and password. now, I can not log in!! I switched numbers around thinking my friend may have put numbers in wrong place and no luck. now I cant even get into the computer. all I see is the login screen. can some one please help me figure out how and where I can recover my password?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (7,968 Views)

Re: can not log in to my HP Touchsmart. may have wrong password,

[ Edited ]

Hi,

sandrabermea wrote:

just bought an HP Touchsmart desktop. A friend of mine came over to put it up and we made the admin user name and password. now, I can not log in!! I switched numbers around thinking my friend may have put numbers in wrong place and no luck. now I cant even get into the computer. all I see is the login screen. can some one please help me figure out how and where I can recover my password?

If you haven't installed anything yet then it is pretty straightforward. Use the HP Recovery Manager's factory reset option. That will return your notebook  to it's  as purchased condition.

You can access the Recovery Manager at startup by tapping the F11 key immediately after you have pressed the power button on your notebook.

After you have recovered your notebook be sure and make a password reset disc or flash thumbdrive within Windows and put it somewhere safe.

Here is a link to 11 other ways to reset the Windows password.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
sandrabermea
Message 3 of 3 (7,928 Views)

Re: can not log in to my HP Touchsmart. may have wrong password,

Thank You so Much!!!! It worked and we were able to get it started and made another account with out a password. thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation