can't access integrated webcam (571 Views)
Honor Student
sklim123
Message 1 of 5 (571 Views)

can't access integrated webcam

i just purchased a 610-1178d . but i can't access/enable the integrated webcam? how to resolve it? Do i need to install any driver?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 5 (561 Views)

Re: can't access integrated webcam

Hello sklim 123:

Open up HP Touch Smart software program. On the carousel swirl it until you see the web-cam icon tap it .Version 3 software will be in the on bottom row of icons slide icons until you see web-cam icon drag web-cam up and in center of screen and tap it. Or you can do a program search Just type in webcam in program search box.You will see it above listed clickf it.

Honor Student
sklim123
Message 3 of 5 (558 Views)

i have tried to open up HP Touch Smart program and swirl it until the web-cam icon. After i tap it, i receive the following message:

no video device detected. Please plug in a video device in your computer. if you are using an integrated camera please make sure that it is turned on. 
How we ensure the webcam is turned on? For my understanding, it should be always on. 
Honor Student
sklim123
Message 4 of 5 (553 Views)

I have installed skype, window live messeger and youcam 5. All of this software also cant detect the webcam. Please advise. Many thanks. 

Honor Student
sklim123
Message 5 of 5 (552 Views)

After installed the youcam, it uninstalled the hp webcam splitter. from the HP touch smart program i cant see the webcam item anymore.. How do i restore it? many thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation