Question

Honor Student
Bec178
Message 1 of 6 (1,584 Views)

caps lock on keyboard

HP TOUCHSMART PC, wireless keyboard.  How am I able to determine if my caps lock is on or off? There is no light on the keyboard and the pop-up on the screen no longer appears?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 6 (1,576 Views)

Re: caps lock on keyboard

Hello Bec 178:

Welcome to HP's forum. I can not find the Keyboard Light Indicator software down load. HP does have it though. I will keep trying to find it for you. In the mean time try to see if you can turn on your icon for it by the clock at lower right bottom of your screen. Click on the triangle  then click on customize. In the list look for (Flicks) Microsoft Pen and Touch Imput Component. Under Behaviors Change it to Only Show Notification .  You can also turn on your On Screen Keyboard found in accessories. Just make it smaller or move it to the far right only enough shows so you can only see Esc,Tab,Caps,Shift, and Ctr keys only. On Screen Keyboard never fails. Shift key will display white if on. frrw.

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 3 of 6 (1,574 Views)

Hello Bec 178:
Here is the down loads for Keyboard Light Indecator. You did not provide your computers information . There for I can not provide you the exact download to download. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/site/search/r4_0/jsp/search.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&... . You will have to preceed from here. Please click on Kudos if this resolves your issue . Thank you frrw.
Honor Student
Bec178
Message 4 of 6 (1,555 Views)

finally resolved this issue with the assistance of the HP helpdesk. Had to be walked through the process of restoring a previous session prior to receiving a windows update.  I would never have been able to figure this out on my own since I definitly am not a "techie". The HP touchsmart keyboard does not have an indicator light but has an on screen pop-up status indicator for the caps lock, num lock and scroll lock functions. Thanks for your suggestions though, it's nice to know there are fellow users willing to offer assistance!

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 5 of 6 (1,548 Views)

Hello Bec178:
Your welcome. We know that keyboard does not have a Light Indicator but that's what HP calls it the little pop up that you are talking about. The web page given above is the software download for it. I am glad everything is fix now. Have a great day.
Intern
CARR142
Message 6 of 6 (1,468 Views)

Hi Guy's, I hope this helps. The keyboard keys Fn + F9; F10, F11, would not respond to switch screen display or brightness control.

The Cap lock and Num lock icon. Sound up/dn bar would not display on screen.

I reinstalled HP My Display Touchsmart Edition.exe. This corrected all of these issues.

You can find it here:

http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpo/enu/upgrade.html

There is no need to uninstall anything. This will resolve these issues until you restart or shutdown the computer. Then you must reinstall the App. again.

Best Wishes, JaCarr

JEC
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation