Question

Student
smokey5191
Message 1 of 2 (1,367 Views)

does windows7 come with photo editing

I thought this high end computer comes with all kinds of photo editing software, or maybe i just can't find it.Can anybody help

Student
MRK_CustomPC
Message 2 of 2 (1,353 Views)

Re: does windows7 come with photo editing

Like all previous versions of Windows, Windows 7 has the standard "Paint" program. However, for photo editing, you can download Microsoft's Live Photo Gallery as part of the Live Essentials package. Personally, I think it does a good job for basic photo edits and fixes, but the entire "Live" experience can be a bit annoying (log-in/user account required to access all the live features, but photo gallery will work without a Live account). To get it (and other Live Essentials programs) go to www.microsoft.com and select the "Downloads" section under the search bar, or just search for Live Essentials on the Microsoft website.

For more advanced editing/users, you may also like "Gimp 2", an open source graphics/photo editing software solution similar to Adobe Photoshop. Gimp 2 is available through www.gimp.org , along with additional plug-ins to expand the features.

For my truly important photo editing, I use Adobe Lightscribe 3. It is great for perfecting photos, but it is pricey.

Live Photo Gallery will do most, if not all, photo edits the typical consumer would use, it is easy to use, and it's free.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation